China Flu getting closer to home

23 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

We have been locked down. Only essential travel. No travel allowed between communities. 

Technically, so have we.  No travel unless we think it's necessary.  Now you believe we are the most liberal state in the union.  Idiots all!

21 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

We have been locked down. Only essential travel. No travel allowed between communities. 

What does that mean, exactly? You can't drive to Kenai? How do they enforce that? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I'm hoping Trump implements the quarantines he's been talking about, next week.

So I can go around telling everyone I Escaped From New York!

And then I'll make everyone call me Snake, forever.

Don't forget your cool eye patch before they are all gone.

• Haha 1

Funniest thing I've seen - local meat processor has a store where they sell directly to customers.  But with the virus around they are having people wait outside in a line - 6 ft apart.  Then they let in a couple of people at a time.  You get what you want, pay and leave.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Zonny said:

What does that mean, exactly? You can't drive to Kenai? How do they enforce that? 

You can be pulled over. Can be fined $1000 if you are not doing something essential like getting groceries or filling a prescription, or are doing a job considered essential. There is a list.

• Sad 1

We have 5 cases in our little town of Ephrata and 32 in Quincy some 17 mi. away.  I think it's time to quarantine certain towns at this point.  The number is growing quickly in Quincy and is no doubt a contributing factor in the rising cases in our county. 

This thing will never end until something sane is done about it.  People are stupid.

• Like 1

The interstate signs said we should self-quarantine for 14 days after leaving the area.  I relayed that to our corporate office and I might get a two week vacation.  Nice.

Now I'm eating frozen walmart sushi, and crab cakes cooked in the microwave on a slice of cardboard, with my fingers.  And a whole carrot cake,

The picture on the box showed golden-brown crab cakes that looked crunchy-breaded and delicious.  I guess if you had a stove.  Microwaved,  they just turn into a soupy goo.  And really stink-up the room.

14 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

The interstate signs said we should self-quarantine for 14 days after leaving the area.  I relayed that to our corporate office and I might get a two week vacation.  Nice.

Now I'm eating frozen walmart sushi, and crab cakes cooked in the microwave on a slice of cardboard, with my fingers.  And a whole carrot cake,

The picture on the box showed golden-brown crab cakes that looked crunchy-breaded and delicious.  I guess if you had a stove.  Microwaved,  they just turn into a soupy goo.  And really stink-up the room.

I was able to recover this part of the message.....  Good Job,  Carry on!

4 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

My man!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wrango said:

This thing will never end until something sane is done about it.  People are stupid.

You hit on a fine point. Humans, and particularly Americans, appear to be the weak link. Our infection rate will continue to rise be cause FREEDOM, DAMMIT! Too many people feel it is their right to go out and pollinate others with this. We are too stupid, as a nation and a species, too connected, too sure our rights make us right. I sure am glad this isn't ebola or one of the other big scary hemorrhagic illnesses- We might not survive it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

You hit on a fine point. Humans, and particularly Americans, appear to be the weak link. Our infection rate will continue to rise be cause FREEDOM, DAMMIT! Too many people feel it is their right to go out and pollinate others with this. We are too stupid, as a nation and a species, too connected, too sure our rights make us right. I sure am glad this isn't ebola or one of the other big scary hemorrhagic illnesses- We might not survive it.

You say this like it’s a bad thing.

i kind of like the idea putting people in masks, ALL people while out in public. If masks work like surgical masks, protecting “patients from the surgeons”, then they should protect us from each other.