I Carried These Daily Whay Back When

DrB

My first carry revolvers.  Very well worn from use carried every day.  Stumbled upon these today in the attic.  Any idea where I can get the cartridges and gray projectiles that they used.  And the Greenie Stickum Caps..?  My mom hated finding the bullets all over the house..  Fine Single Action Revolvers from my youth...

Matell1.jpg

Matell2.jpg

Edited by DrB
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

Them's some fine shootin' irons there hoss!!!

Ebay & Amazon.com are places to look.

Yes those were my shootin irons.  Mom and the sweeper hated the bullets.  I had the gun belt but that is long gon.e

I was the quickest draw in the  local township.  I was the first at the local country store to swish my hand in the cold water of the pop cooler. Move the pop along the the channels to get my Lime Nehi.

No one got my Lime Nehi otherwise a gunfight would arise.  No one had better shootin irons than I did back in the day.

Dave..

Edited by DrB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• DrB changed the title to I Carried These Daily Whay Back When

Definitely a more slower laid back time back then I guess.  My generation on the other hand didn't even bother with the cap guns.  We just got the box of paper caps and taped them to a sledgehammer and whacked them on the sidewalk all at once.  Every kid loved the smell of Armstrong's Mix in the morning!  :D

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

My younger brother used to put Greenie stick-um caps on the bottom of our dad's shoes and we'd laugh about him walking the halls when he was at work and the caps going off.

You can still get the caps on ebay but the shells even more expensive and harder to find. I remember when I had one and after I lost a few sets of bullets my parents wouldn't buy me anymore.

https://www.ebay.com/i/324041382581?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=324041382581&targetid=883430612529&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9033692&poi=&campaignid=9338046869&mkgroupid=94993857579&rlsatarget=pla-883430612529&abcId=1139336&merchantid=113613033&gclid=CjwKCAjwgbLzBRBsEiwAXVIygPdlrhNvM-7gbyr7T2Sh_ZBmMeUr7AegZYWU4wYru-Y8gfiBhLA1nhoC9CUQAvD_BwE

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Have our lives measured up to our youthful dreams?

Yes in a way.  I have a farm, have my various firearms, carry every day.  Had daily responsibilities with the farm animals that had to be done sick or not when young so always had responsibilities in life. That gave me reality, not dreams.  Had dogs since a boy and love for animals and still do, except for varmits if they encroach on the land (I still hunt them)..  So yep ...for me my youthful dreams, although some not realized, pretty much what I wished.

Dave..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, DrB said:

My first carry revolvers.  Very well worn from use carried every day.  Stumbled upon these today in the attic.  Any idea where I can get the cartridges and gray projectiles that they used.  And the Greenie Stickum Caps..?  My mom hated finding the bullets all over the house..  Fine Single Action Revolvers from my youth...

Matell1.jpg

Matell2.jpg

I miss Billy the Kid. The times that we had. The life that we lived.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

You got the custom “hand fanning” hammers

how did we ever survive

Yep, top shelf gun fighting hardware.  I was top gun in the township back then.  No one was faster than me.  I was the law.. (well in my mind anyhow)

Dave..

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Historian said:

Exactly. Texas Red never had a chance against that Arizona Ranger with the big irons.

And they never met up with the Ohio Kid either. I could outdraw them all and send them packing with my six guns smoking. I was a bad a.. gunslinger in my day.

Dave..

• Like 4