Most coronavirus patients recover, still anxiety, fear loom

gwalchmai

So far, this thing has been a tolerable inconvenience to me. Some events have been or might be cancelled. I’m making a concerted effort to wash hands more and use hand sanitizer. If I have any major concern, it is for my wife, who has a compromised immune system. We’re both in our mid- 60s. Our plan is to stay mentally tough, don’t take irresponsible risks, and face come-what-may.

And get to the range and GSSF events as often as I can.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Who is distracting us from WHAT...?

Something's going on behind the scenes- you can just feel it. But what? This seems bigger than all the huffing and puffing by the democrats about Trump.

BINGO!  

You nailed it.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Historian said:

BINGO!  

You nailed it.  

Biden sure does seem to be under a lot of pressure- he gave that 2A dude in Michigan an earful. Who's putting pressure on the Democrats to get rid of the guns in the USA? Putin? A 250,000,000 strong Chinese army? Just feels like something BIG is stewing.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I'm still trying to see the connection between the Corona Virus and toilet paper.  Every year people get the Flu, so toilet paper isn't any more related to this than it was before the Corona Virus..

I think it's a group of people in a state of panic, that don't know what to do because of the media frenzy, and they simply buy toilet paper because it's the only thing their limited comprehension can think of. 

They need to do something and they remember that the last time they bought toilet paper in a panic it was hard to get for a short while.  This they can remember.  Washing your hands and simply tuning down the media panic news they can't do.

So many people are so used to being told what to do by fools creating news stories to attract more viewers, so their advertising money will go up, that these people are losing, or have lost, the ability to think for themselves.

These are the fools that believe because some idiot politician tells them that anything "Is a right", now they believe it really is without any basis in fact.  It appears that the limit to many people's reasoning ability is buying toilet paper, and thinking everything they "want" is now a "need".  We have our idiot politicians to thank for this.  And our messing with natural selection.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I'm still trying to see the connection between the Corona Virus and toilet paper. 

I can tell you....toilet paper is a top tier product.  If you have none.  You really want some.   If you need to seclude yourself for 14 or 20 days...you might...want to stock up.

Most people only have a dozen roles.  If you are a four person family....that's gone in a few days.

And you don't want to use sandpaper.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Historian said:

I can tell you....toilet paper is a top tier product.  If you have none.  You really want some.   If you need to seclude yourself for 14 or 20 days...you might...want to stock up.

Most people only have a dozen roles.  If you are a four person family....that's gone in a few days.

I saw a meme of someone wiping with the hand rail of an escalator. Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, tadbart said:

Who is distracting us from WHAT...?

Something's going on behind the scenes- you can just feel it. But what? This seems bigger than all the huffing and puffing by the democrats about Trump.

Just my wild guess but I think it's about the new world order dream falling apart.  The open border thing is in trouble,  Trump is talking about bringing back many business's to protect the country.   England has pulled out of the EU and the EU gods are not happy.  The NWO people and many Dems are the same, it's about control.  NWO would work just like the EU, someone you never heard of, in some far away place would give the orders and everyone would have to bow.  For the past couple years Europe and the U.S. been receiving hoards of people from ungodly places and now it's being slowed.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

What does 'recovered' mean? Are they back to 100%, or could their lungs and future health be compromised. Just because they are alive, doesn't mean they are in pre-virus condition.

Who knows? I assume it means they're no longer symptomatic, but we have medpros in this group who can explain it better than I.

• Like 2

From a posting forum I like to lurk:

3. Spraying my sidewalk with cleaner and using a brush. I spray my mail box daily, my garbage can,

and I spray my gates. I spray my car daily too. I wipe all card stations and screens with alcohol wipes. I use wipes for the carts too. I also use a wipe for any scanners. I wear a mask,gloves, and hat now in stores, and have a dispenser in my car of sanitizer. I put my clothes in the dryer and cycle them on high when I return from an outing. Wash my hands, spray my doors, light switches etc...I only use my hand towel once, and my washcloths. I also spray my shoes and wipe my floors. I am a little tired, but I plan to beat this!! I also spray my mail and any packages with peroxide. Wash hands before eating, after food prep. I've probably forgotten something.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Historian said:

If you have a septic tank, facial tissues might be a viable substitute but paper towels aren’t. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

If you have a septic tank, facial tissues might be a viable substitute but paper towels aren’t. 

Sears may be gone,  but I have U-Line and Grainger catalogs.

The first semester at college,  somebody finally had enough and yelled at everybody, because someone kept leaving piles of used toilet paper behind, and under the tank in the communal bathroom.

One guy,  unashamedly, said, "But there's no bag!"

Yep.  He had never used a flush toilet. (outhouse)  They had a paper bag next to it,  and when it was full,  you burned it.

15 minutes ago, Historian said:

I have a shovel...and a few acres...and not much modesty left.

When my daughter lived in Alaska,  they had a 5-gallon bucket.  (It had a box around it,  and a toilet seat, but still...)

It would last two of them for three or four days.

Then you had to take the garbage bags (two, or three, thick)  and put them in the box in the "street".  The village had a "suck-truck" (a quad,  with this gas-engine vacuum-trailer that would suck the bags out of the box, Thump.  Thump.  Thump.

And then,  I don't know where it went.  Probably dumped it in the sea.

They, often, didn't have toilet paper.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

From a posting forum I like to lurk:

3. Spraying my sidewalk with cleaner and using a brush. I spray my mail box daily, my garbage can,

and I spray my gates. I spray my car daily too. I wipe all card stations and screens with alcohol wipes. I use wipes for the carts too. I also use a wipe for any scanners. I wear a mask,gloves, and hat now in stores, and have a dispenser in my car of sanitizer. I put my clothes in the dryer and cycle them on high when I return from an outing. Wash my hands, spray my doors, light switches etc...I only use my hand towel once, and my washcloths. I also spray my shoes and wipe my floors. I am a little tired, but I plan to beat this!! I also spray my mail and any packages with peroxide. Wash hands before eating, after food prep. I've probably forgotten something.

The really wonderful thing about this approach, is that the only virus that can survive this attack is one that is the strongest and the most virulent.  This is the principle of survival of the fittest when only applied to things that can kill you.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

When my daughter lived in Alaska,  they had a 5-gallon bucket.  (It had a box around it,  and a toilet seat, but still...)

The bucket is sometimes called a honey pot or bucket.

The removal of the bags allows me the rare chance to say, "There goes a guy with a worse job than me."

Edited by Historian
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Their one girl friend had a, rather, hefty roommate.

She said her roommate would never dump the bucket.  And it would overflow.

So the girl disowned the whole deal,  and used her neighbors.

If you have a 300lb roommate,  the night after fish-taco-tuesday can't be good.

• Haha 4