Most coronavirus patients recover, still anxiety, fear loom

gwalchmai

39 minutes ago, janice6 said:

The really wonderful thing about this approach, is that the only virus that can survive this attack is one that is the strongest and the most virulent.  This is the principle of survival of the fittest when only applied to things that can kill you.

Covid-20.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Well, I just pulled a dozen Chocolate Chip Cookies out of the oven and the wife has gone to bed, so I guess I'll sit here, munching and contemplating my navel.

We'll be right over.

Give the dog some.

On second thought, if it's just a dozen, eat ten, give the dog two and we'll catch you next time.

:eat:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, tous said:

We'll be right over.

Give the dog some.

On second thought, if it's just a dozen, eat ten, give the dog two and we'll catch you next time.

Dog will have to suffer this time and go without.  He had a bowel problem today and I don't want to add to it this late at night.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tous said:

We'll be right over.

Give the dog some.

There is more cookie dough, so if you have the inclination I could put up another dozen!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

When my daughter was born,  the doctor handed me scissors and told me to cut it.

Then I woke up on the floor.  Later.

When my son was on his way to being born, I was allowed to watch the process.

The moment I saw my wife, she had the Caesarean already performed. Looking at her split open, my instinct was to check off those around her. I was tired, and it took me some time, seconds, to realize where I was and what was happening. 

That was weird.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, janice6 said:

There is more cookie dough, so if you have the inclination I could put up another dozen!

Our friends had boys.  They'd come home to broken windows,  couches, and ceiling fans. And rooms.  Yes.  We could break rooms.

I had daughters.

I'd come upstairs, randomly,  to cookies or cake.  And things suddenly being very clean.

I won.

Edited by Huaco Kid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

When my daughter lived in Alaska,  they had a 5-gallon bucket.  (It had a box around it,  and a toilet seat, but still...)

It would last two of them for three or four days.

Then you had to take the garbage bags (two, or three, thick)  and put them in the box in the "street".  The village had a "suck-truck" (a quad,  with this gas-engine vacuum-trailer that would suck the bags out of the box, Thump.  Thump.  Thump.

And then,  I don't know where it went.  Probably dumped it in the sea.

They, often, didn't have toilet paper.

Honey Buckets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Public schools here in Virginia just closed for the next two weeks. That being said, I feel like the local panic has notched down in the last 24 hours as more people either A) see it for what it is and don't panic, or B) accept that for the next 30 days or so, things will be a little different. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

When my daughter lived in Alaska,  they had a 5-gallon bucket.  (It had a box around it,  and a toilet seat, but still...)

It would last two of them for three or four days.

Then you had to take the garbage bags (two, or three, thick)  and put them in the box in the "street".  The village had a "suck-truck" (a quad,  with this gas-engine vacuum-trailer that would suck the bags out of the box, Thump.  Thump.  Thump.

And then,  I don't know where it went.  Probably dumped it in the sea.

They, often, didn't have toilet paper.

Honey Buckets.

• Thanks 1

Pretty much everything is being shut down in Alaska. Schools, meetings, public gatherings. Hell even the celebration at the end of the Iditarod sled dog race has been cancelled. Winner expected into Nome early in the week to no fanfare. We've had fist fights in the local Walmart over toilet paper. Women are whining all over the internet about 'no baby wipes.' I guess they never heard of using a wash rag on the little bed wetters.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1