Baltimore sees more than 50 homicides so far in 2020, activists say city 'was never like this'

TBO

Here is the problem in a nut shell:  The idiot mayor saying he has no control over the crime in his city.  That statement in itself from the leader of city government is actually condoning and abetting these problems.  It boils down to the city and it's mayor not wanting to hold people responsible for their actions because next time it may be the mayor being arrested.

From the article.  

"...Over the summer, Baltimore Mayor Bernard "Jack" Young said local leadership isn't to blame for the city's increasing homicide rate.

"I’m not committing the murders," he said then. In June at an anti-gun violence rally, the mayor advocated organized fights as a means to solve disputes without using weapons...". 

I submit that establishing government controlled physical violence simply ensures that violence will continue with even more vengeance. 

Why does this sound exactly like the statement from Obama when he said as President, he doesn't have any control over the economy?  These are people that have been elected to jobs they are wholly unqualified for and don't understand the simplest form of governing for the betterment of the community.  They are claiming those responsible for crimes are not responsible for their actions.  

He's an idiot out of his league.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

Here is the problem in a nut shell:  The idiot mayor saying he has no control over the crime in his city.  That statement in itself from the leader of city government is actually condoning and abetting these problems.  It boils down to the city and it's mayor not wanting to hold people responsible for their actions because next time it may be the mayor being arrested.

From the article.  

"...Over the summer, Baltimore Mayor Bernard "Jack" Young said local leadership isn't to blame for the city's increasing homicide rate.

"I’m not committing the murders," he said then. In June at an anti-gun violence rally, the mayor advocated organized fights as a means to solve disputes without using weapons...". 

I submit that establishing government controlled physical violence simply ensures that violence will continue with even more vengeance. 

Why does this sound exactly like the statement from Obama when he said as President, he doesn't have any control over the economy?  These are people that have been elected to jobs they are wholly unqualified for and don't understand the simplest form of governing for the betterment of the community.  They are claiming those responsible for crimes are not responsible for their actions.  

He's an idiot out of his league.

Sounds more like he's an idiot set squarely in the middle of his league. :supergrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who is it that creates, pays and sets policy for a police force?

Wouldn't that be the municipal leaders?

Just asking.

I'm just a dumb Texan and all that finger pointin' and denyin'  confuzzles me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From the article:

"...Hathaway told FOX45. "This is red flag time. We've got to call all hands on deck and pull the city together."..."

This appears to be a veiled comment that implies, that  "Red Flag" laws would have prevented these murders.

There wouldn't have been any requests to confiscate firearms from persons illegally having and using them.  First of all, this culture believes that "snitches get stitches" and therefore no one would dare sic the law on a criminal in their neighborhood.  

Secondly, how do you confiscate firearms from a person that has no legal documentation saying he/she has one.  If they deny having illegal guns, you're screwed and have no recourse under the law.

The comment would only effect legal gun owners for the most part, and they aren't responsible for the gun crime raging in Baltimore.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

It's the leadership's policies that have created this problem, so he damn well IS responsible for it.  

Political correctness has created this problem.  It is a direct result of leadership that encourages it.

They built this culture.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kerbie18 said:

Having ran into a few fellow officers that work in Baltimore, those officer's morale level is at zero. They don't feel supported, and they don't want to be there anymore. They aren't trying anymore...

Exactly!  And that is directly the responsibility of the City management.  The Mayor is getting exactly what he wanted but not taking the responsibility for this.

• Like 2

my cousin lived in Baltimore in the 90s and it was an absolute shitshow then, i cant imagine it worse.

there were rolling gun fights on the highway two of the times i rode there.

keep electing the same type of people, keep getting the same type of Results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2020 at 12:13 PM, TBO said:

Baltimore sees more than 50 homicides so far in 2020, activists say city 'was never like this'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/baltimore-maryland-homicide-2020-shooting-police-violence-city-crime

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

I have to go to Baltimore every 5 years.  And every time it is worse.  And yet, they keep electing democretins as if in doing the same thing over and over again, they will get a different result.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, eruby said:

There's a good chance former ousted, and convicted, Mayor Sheila Dixon will be elected mayor once again.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Marion Barry (posthumously) snickers.

Thieves and criminals stay in their element.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 7:48 PM, janice6 said:

From the article:

"...Hathaway told FOX45. "This is red flag time. We've got to call all hands on deck and pull the city together."..."

This appears to be a veiled comment that implies, that  "Red Flag" laws would have prevented these murders.

There wouldn't have been any requests to confiscate firearms from persons illegally having and using them.  First of all, this culture believes that "snitches get stitches" and therefore no one would dare sic the law on a criminal in their neighborhood.  

Secondly, how do you confiscate firearms from a person that has no legal documentation saying he/she has one.  If they deny having illegal guns, you're screwed and have no recourse under the law.

The comment would only effect legal gun owners for the most part, and they aren't responsible for the gun crime raging in Baltimore.

The point of “red flag” laws is to disarm the law abiding. 

• Thanks 1