Site doing strange things??

pipedreams

18 minutes ago, ASH said:

vpn  and working fine here , 

Thanks..

Interesting, it times out and gives that popup sometime when I use VNP on this site but no other site. I can go to GT or any major news site and no problem. Tried two different computers and same thing.

Edited by pipedreams
  • Thanks 1

I have had that pop-up screen too.  I just blow it off to a timing problem of when I hit the button and the page either sees it as something else, or it's a timing conflict.  I do it again and it's gone.  I see it as a minor issue for me.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I have had that pop-up screen too.  I just blow it off to a timing problem of when I hit the button and the page either sees it as something else, or it's a timing conflict.  I do it again and it's gone.  I see it as a minor issue for me.

Agree, but there is something else going on.  I use VPN for some other activities and never a problem, now this site just times out and won't load.  Every other site works fine except this one which has always worked great.  Two different computers same results. 

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Agree, but there is something else going on.  I use VPN for some other activities and never a problem, now this site just times out and won't load.  Every other site works fine except this one which has always worked great.  Two different computers same results. 

In my case the notice is so infrequent (maybe 3 or 4 times total) that it's ignored.  If it's more frequent for you it may be an indication of something.

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I just ran an app that checks the database and rebuild the site cache. This fixes any errors just about every time. Please let me know if the problems continue.

Still times out through VPN, tried five other sites and they all load fine through VPN.  Other than that it works fine.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2020 at 5:03 PM, pipedreams said:

Same here.  I couldn't even connect until I changed VPN locations a few times and found one that worked.