Rush Limbaugh announces he has 'advanced lung cancer'

pipedreams

33 minutes ago, ASH said:

ive had it , i battle it ,    and my thoughts to him and his family with this dreaded disease .  

God bless you, sir.

My wife had a form that was cured with sugery five years ago.

What Rush said today hit hard.  I've been listening to him since the Clinton administration.  Even ran my college class schedule around his show.

He has all the resources.  This is about God guiding the hands, minds and hearts of his doctors.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yeah. Expected. Classless. It will come back to them.

Looking into the eyes of a loved one who's slowly being killed by cancer will change them. Just asks my friend who lost his six year old daughter to brain cancer.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, Historian said:

Yeah. Expected. Classless. It will come back to them.

Looking into the eyes of a loved one who's slowly being lied by cancer will change them. Just asks my friend who lost his six year old daughter to brain cancer.

I’ve had two very good friends pass in the last couple years, one lingered and the other was amazingly fast

cancer sucks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rush most certainly deserve the Presidential Medal of Freedom.  If for nothing else, getting people to think.   He, like myself, has a total love for radio.  His passion for the medium is amazing.  He changed lives.  Some even say saved AM radio.  I do know this.  You can't talk politics for the last 40 years without his presence. 

On another note:  Rush did not tell us what type of cancer he has.    There are a lot of variations to this.   My wife lost her grand father and mother to cancer that was directly related to pesticides and smoking.  They were from the deep south where agriculture and tobacco went hand and hand.   My late mother in law died from throat cancer.   The common element was tobacco use.   My guess is they were the small cell type that grows aggressively and very fast. 

Back then the statistics for survival were bleak and worse.  Today it is much better.  It all depends on getting it fast (men, get your prostate checked, ladies get the ladies checked).  You need to see your doctor and hope they find things early.

What my wife had was a carcinoid lung tumor.  Most certainly a cancer.   A very slow growing type that was generated we think based on extra hormones during her pregnancy.  It was killed when she had a lower right lobectomy.   Everyone has three on the right side and two on the left.   My wife is balanced with two and two and a scar that would make a Marine wince.  She was in such pain she slept upright for a year on the couch.  To this day, six years later, she still winces with pain if i tough her in the wrong way.

My point is.  I don't think they are going to know what the story is with Rush until he has a doctor (not me) open him up.    Could be something they kill with a knife.  Could be something he gets a lot of different treatments for.  But he has loads of money and won't use much of it on this journey.  

If anyone has a chance.  It's him.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, pipedreams said:

The left are full of passion for their fellow man.  Their fellow man must of course, be those of the left's choosing.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Historian said:

Rush most certainly deserve the Presidential Medal of Freedom.  If for nothing else, getting people to think.   He, like myself, has a total love for radio.  His passion for the medium is amazing.  He changed lives.  Some even say saved AM radio.  I do know this.  You can't talk politics for the last 40 years without his presence. On another note:  Rush did not tell us what type of cancer he has.   

He was a cigar aficionado, wonder if that had anything to do with his diagnosis? 

• Sad 2

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he will award Rush Limbaugh with the Medal of Freedom in the wake of the conservative radio legend’s cancer diagnosis, according to CNN.

The president revealed his plans to honor Limbaugh in the coming months during a pre-State of the Union lunch with network anchors. His remarks were deemed off-the-record, however, because CNN was not invited to this year’s gathering, the network was not bound to the agreement.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/02/04/report-trump-to-award-rush-limbaugh-with-medal-of-freedom/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2