State Hate

Eric

5 minutes ago, tadbart said:

You ever been to The Villages? Wear a rubber, dude.

But to answer your question, I have not. I assume it is full of buckeyes? ugh.

Holy GOD is it ever.  There were plans to try to make Myrtle Beach an island by cutting it off with a Ditch Witch.  But the Intercoastal Waterway already kinda did that.  

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 7:29 AM, tadbart said:

What's up with South Carolina? That one seems kinda odd. I mean, Ohio is pretty easy to hate, but is there a significance I'm missing?

1 hour ago, SC Tiger said:

You ever been to Myrtle Beach?

I just assumed it was all the Michiganders moving in (bringing their Ohio hatred with them) who answered the poll.

10 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

Maine is easy to hate, IMHO.

Only 2 seasons; winter and road repairs.

He said, from his apartment in Southern Maine.

I dated a girl from Maine in college.  Nice girl.  Went to her wedding.  I took my future bride to the wedding and was really hopping three women there weren't doing the calculus.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Paul53 said:

Maine is easy to hate, IMHO.

Only 2 seasons; winter and road repairs.

He said, from his apartment in Maine.

People in coastal Maine towns have a rather obnoxious accent.  Luckily nowhere near as annoying sounding as Alaskan women.  ?

Edited by Maser
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Maser said:

People in coastal Maine towns have a rather obnoxious accent.  Luckily nowhere near as annoying sounding as Alaskan women.  ?

That's a combination of Massholes and French Canadians. Native Mainers have been priced out of real estate East of the turnpike, referred to locally as "The Gold Coast." When lobster and fishing boats are brought on land for winters, they must be hauled 20 or more miles inland to where mere mortals can (barely) afford to live.

Edited by Paul53

On 1/21/2020 at 11:54 PM, Paul53 said:

Good points. I'm guessing New Jersey attracts so much hate that there's not enough left for NY and MD.

They must have assumed answers because they certainly didn't ask anyone in VA. There's plenty of hate for both of those states here.

We don't hate our neighbors to the west. We don't like to hang out with them in public, but we don't hate 'em.