Trump tweet in Farsi 'the most liked Persian tweet' in history of Twitter

pipedreams

"President Trump's tweet in Farsi expressing his support for Iranians protesting Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has already earned over 200,000 likes, making it the "most liked Persian tweet" in the social media giant's history, according to a leading think tank adviser.

On Saturday, protesters in the country called upon Khamenei to step down after Iran admitted to shooting down a commercial airliner on which dozens of Iranian citizens were traveling. That evening, the president sent out a tweet in Farsi, saying that he stands with their efforts.

“To the brave and suffering Iranian people: I have stood with you since the beginning of my presidency and my government will continue to stand with you. We are following your protests closely. Your courage is inspiring,” Trump wrote."

image.png.a2dbf3955c4414c7ab3b3299a024f462.png

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-tweet-in-farsi-the-most-liked-persian-tweet-in-history-of-twitter

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

I'm afraid the Iranian people will just get slaughtered for standing up to their dictator...

They definitely got lots of balls to do so.  It's easy for us in America to bitch and moan about our leaders and cry for impeachment.  Not the same over there though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

even the Iranians dont like Democrats.....

all it would have taken was for President Obama to have worn a small Green pocket square or pin or tie during a speech and shown support for people who are dying for the Freedom he fought so hard against..

i saw videos today of Iranian Protesters refusing to step on American and Israeli flags, that has a lot of meaning in Iran,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rellik said:

If he pulls this off,  the dems will hate him all the more for showing once again how impotent the dems really are.  

If he puts an end to the proxy war with Iran we've been dealing with since 1979 and greatly reduces the war on Israel...

I expect he might earn a title none would expect.  Righteous...

Honestly, i am at a loss for words.  This man just keeps doing remarkable things.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Have “the people” of Iran had much chance since the Shah left to remodel their government? The Muslim bosses seem uninterested in letting the people speak. 

You have a true mix of radically intelligent and educated people and people with no education in that region of the world.

The idea has to have the religious oligarchy hold everyone down.  Anyone successful works for the system or sent to prison or executed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Rellik said:

That's what we thought about ussr.  Maybe yes.  Maybe no.  So much rule is based on voluntary compliance.  

Well.....except for Stalin.

That dude killed millions of his own people, and millions of other POWs and such.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

Well.....except for Stalin.

That dude killed millions of his own people, and millions of other POWs and such.

Agreed.  Hitler was a piker.  For real mass murder, you gotta look to the social  athiests. 

Hey I just made up a political class!  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rellik said:

Agreed.  Hitler was a piker.  For real mass murder, you gotta look to the social  athiests. 

Hey I just made up a political class!  

I think Hitler still killed more, but it's close.

Mao wasn't no joke either.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

I think Hitler still killed more, but it's close.

Mao wasn't no joke either.

Nope.  The commies take the cake.

Lemin is credited with approx 20M

Stalin has 50 - 70M

Uncle Mao - 70M - 80M

Hitler in a distant 4th place at 11M.  6m Jews, 5M others.  Jews like to claim the whole 11M.  And they still want the dems to take all their guns.    

For pol pot, you need to count as a percentage of the country he slaughtered.  

Keep in mind, these are NOT deaths in military action.  These are people that were killed, shot, starved, or worked to death.  

Edited by Rellik
  • Sad 3