Here’s A Look Inside LA’s New $600,000 To $700,000 Condos For The Homeless

pipedreams

When you don't work for things, they have little value to you.  Sweat equity places a higher value on "stuff", since you know what it takes to replace it.

It's like what I call, "found money".  Money you got for little effort.  It's far easier to pee it away when you didn't work for it.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Wasn’t there some high rise set of “projects” in Chicago which received such TLC from residents that they were imploded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Research the history of the Pruitt-Igoe project in St. Louis.

They were so bad, the only solution was to convert them into a pile of rubble.

I challenge any one to name a public housing project, that hard-working people pay for but can't live there, that remains in good condition and filled with decent people.

G'head.

Point one out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, tous said:

Research the history of the Pruitt-Igoe project in St. Louis.

They were so bad, the only solution was to convert them into a pile of rubble.

I challenge any one to name a public housing project, that hard-working people pay for but can't live there, that remains in good condition and filled with decent people.

G'head.

Point one out.

I hope you're not holding your breath while waiting...

It never ceases to amaze me how nonchalantly politicians piss away taxpayer money on things that anyone with two functional brain cells to knock together can see from miles away will do nothing other than go down in flames.  Those places will look like the Tasmanian Devil has been whirling through them in a matter of months (if it even takes that long).  Crack house in 3... 2... 1..

-Pat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cubdriver said:

I hope you're not holding your breath while waiting...

It never ceases to amaze me how nonchalantly politicians piss away taxpayer money on things that anyone with two functional brain cells to knock together can see from miles away will do nothing other than go down in flames.  Those places will look like the Tasmanian Devil has been whirling through them in a matter of months (if it even takes that long).  Crack house in 3... 2... 1..

-Pat

You're missing the big picture here. The pols aren't so foolish as to think such projects will solve the problem of the poor (that would be counterproductive - they depend on the poor for votes). But a $200M housing project provides spoils for donors, and that's where the real money is.

• Like 4