My Steak Sickened a Vegan

Eric

• Administrators

I went to Texas Roadhouse tonight. I meant to get a burger, but when I walked past the meats displayed in the front, I fell in love with a beautiful cut of Filet Mignon. So, I tagged it and was seated. I ordered the steak cooked medium rare.

Right before my dinner was served, a twenty-something couple was seated beside me. It was one of those sets of tables that share a common bench on one side, so they were pretty close. When my food arrived, I cut into the steak and dug in.

I’ve never considered Texas Roadhouse to be a true steakhouse, but that steak was an outstanding cut of meat and it was prepared just right. I was enjoying the second or third bite, when I heard the ‘man’ next to me stage-whisper to the girl, “I think I’m going to be sick.” I looked over at him and he said, “The steak is still bleeding.” I told him that I was pretty sure it was dead. He then told me he was a Vegan and he wasn’t accustomed to seeing bloody meat. I told him, “You are in a steakhouse.”

The waitress appeared a few moments later to see how my dinner was. The guy interrupted her and asked for a different table. It wasn’t even their waitress. What a little bitch. The girl he was with looked mortified by his behavior. Maybe she will rethink things before she lets him pollute our gene pool.

As the joke says, “How can you tell if someone is a Vegan?” They will tell you. I don’t care what other people eat. I just wish they would keep their dogma to themselves.

For what it’s worth, that was a truly amazing steak. It’s the best I’ve had in several years. It tasted even better after that beta got triggered by it. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

Just now, Zonny said:

He must have come for the baked potato. Hold the butter, sour cream & cheese. :(

BTW...I'm with you. Medium rare all the way.

Meat!  
The food that is God's gift to the apex predator.  Well he was safe, after you ate that steak and saved him from further discomfort.

Some people are so stupid that they think the universe exists just for them.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 7

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Why eat burnt meat. Go RARE.

I think that some cuts of beef taste better rare and I order them that way, but for a big, thick filet, I like the flavor and texture of it cooked medium rare. 

• Like 4

Medium rare guy here, too.

When the climate changers cited global bovine flatulence as a reason to stop eating beef, it was a clear sign that they were hellbent on destroying civilization as we know it. Life without medium rare steaks and BBQ brisket is not living... my $.02.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I had to force myself to eat a couple of rare moose steaks tonight. Did the same thing last night too. Luckily I have 2 more left from the batch I seared up last night in the cast iron skillet, so I can force myself to eat them tomorrow morning with some runny eggs. Life is pretty rough here at the Longmire compound.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

The girl he was with looked mortified by his behavior. Maybe she will rethink things before she lets him pollute our gene pool.

You should have winked at her. 

It's not like he's getting any lovin after that display.

Maybe he can spend the night polishing his lava lamp and watching the Hallmark Channel.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

I don't care for bloody meat. It does sound like both should see other men though.

Don't walk into a steak house and whine about meat being served.

It's not blood; it's juice.  The blood is long gone by the time it gets to your plate.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

Was she hot?

She is available.  After all McLovin there is all that...i mean the dead animal on Eric's plate made him ill.

Why I bet he'll just right up and fight a bear to save that pretty little girl.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3

You should have winked at her. 
It's not like he's getting any lovin after that display.
Maybe he can spend the night polishing his lava lamp and watching the Hallmark Channel.

Interestingly, I was checking out at Walmart (yeah I know) recently and the woman (yeah I know) behind me was buying a lava lamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

this once  happened to me at a japanese steak house me and wife frequent quite often  , we have  7 to a table up to grill and this couple sits down and i can tell this folks 

are gonna be jerks  .  the others like us got the shogun order which is filet ,chicken, shrimp , ginger salad and rice  mixed veggies  .  and you can order extra anything 

and i always order jumbo shrimp also .  they want vegetables  only  plate  ,  i said medium rare  and got a glare lol  , i told the wife before he is done cooking in front of us

there will be words.  so the cook puts on the usual knife flipping show  and starts cooking . wellllllllllll   lol  this guys panties must have fell down ,  he starts hollering  !!! the juice is running into my veggies  over and over . it got kinda bad the rest of the table  turned on him . words were said  manager moved them   and we all got free meals / 

i literally thought this dude was gonna stroke out . the rest of us finished bout same time and walked outside  and chewed the fat  awhile about what just happened , lol 

never will forget that nut.  

Edited by ASH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2