My Steak Sickened a Vegan

Eric

There was a restaurant down the road from Dad,  Renk's,  that was owned by the only certified (accepted?) (they said it's a long story) American matador.

Every time we went to Dad's,  we went there.

One time,  Dad told them, "This is the best steak I've ever had!"

The guy said, "Yeah.  We got him out of the field this morning."

"El Texano"

Edited by Huaco Kid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Historian said:

We had a locally famous Chinese restaurant that was found poaching the ducks from a local retention pond.

I loved that duck.  Seriously good eating.

When I went back to NC,  I told my friends that I wanted to go to my very favorite Chinese restaurant.

They said,  "They shut it down a couple months after you left.  You don't want to know."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Walt Longmire said:

The vegan dude was surely lacking in testosterone 

I'll bet he had tiny balls. Like mouse balls, only smaller. Has anyone seen the vegans balls?

Grammatically that's called a contradiction of terms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I'll bet he had tiny balls. Like mouse balls, only smaller. Has anyone seen the vegans balls?

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say there are not a lot of homosexuals here. We are also lacking in women of questionable virtue. You’ll have to conduct your own survey. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/21/2019 at 2:02 AM, TBO said:

My experiences with Texas Roadhouse have me concluding:

-beef steak cuts are good quality...
-but lack any seasoning/special care

As such, either give directions or be prepared to season after receipt.

Also, the sound system can die. Already loud enough with jabbering customers sitting in close proximity.

Do not take this as a critical (negative) post, just literal.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

Last time I was there, I ordered it Pittsburgh Rare. One of the best steaks I ever had out.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 6:47 PM, Borg warner said:

As long as it was still bleeding it would have probably have been rare enough for me and it was certainly  rare enough to creep out the snowflakes. That's probably a good guide for ordering a steak. "--Medium rare, but make sure it's a little bloody"

My dad always said, "Cut it's throat and wipe it's ass and put it on a plate!":anim_lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/22/2019 at 11:24 AM, Walt Longmire said:

No but i've seen what cocaine will do to your nads.

That...is a PSA...that will end the drug crisis.

On 12/21/2019 at 10:12 PM, Huaco Kid said:

When I went back to NC,  I told my friends that I wanted to go to my very favorite Chinese restaurant.

They said,  "They shut it down a couple months after you left.  You don't want to know."

hmm  ok what was name of it and where was it ? lol  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ASH said:

hmm  ok what was name of it and where was it ? lol  

My favorite little coffee shop for Donuts was closed for a while with a notice on the door from the Health Department, saying it was below standards for cleanliness due to Vermin.

I told my neighbors and my wife that I'm anxiously awaiting it's re-opening, because if they were good before, they must be great when re-opened.  I  waited and they are.

My wife gave up on me long ago.  I tell her and the Grand kids that I eat unhealthy stuff, cause then germs can't live on me and I don't get sick.

Christmas day I was very pleasantly surprised when on of my family blurted out "The family motto", "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess!".  I have a great family!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, janice6 said:

My favorite little coffee shop for Donuts was closed for a while with a notice on the door from the Health Department, saying it was below standards for cleanliness due to Vermin.

I told my neighbors and my wife that I'm anxiously awaiting it's re-opening, because if they were good before, they must be great when re-opened.  I  waited and they are.

Rest assured that those previously found in violation, will be the cleanest they've been in a long time upon re-opening. I find comfort in that ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Zonny said:

Rest assured that those previously found in violation, will be the cleanest they've been in a long time upon re-opening. I find comfort in that ;)

For a little while. Hopefully they killed the cockroaches and mice. But not by sprinkling poison out on the food prep areas, which I understand is pretty common.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

For a little while. Hopefully they killed the cockroaches and mice. But not by sprinkling poison out on the food prep areas, which I understand is pretty common.

I have eaten in various establishments in FLA.  I was informed that they are part of the life "down here".

Including the brand new hotel we stayed at.

• Like 1