Terminator - Dark Fate (trailer)

TBO

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

The desire for something, anything, original out of Hollywood is getting lost

Yes.  It is peculiar when Hollywood will resort to sequel after sequel, damn near insuring it to be a loss, when originality in movies may have success. 

Why risk a success when you can get money for backing more failures.

It would appear that the object is to get financial backing regardless of the success or failure of the movie. 

It's more like this, than an attempt to make a good movie:

• Like 3

Yeah, what's the deal with this new trend of sequels? Give me the good old days of Hollywood when every movie was a new idea, like "Tarzan and his Mate", and "Tarzan finds a Son", and "Tarzan's New York Adventure", and all those one of a kind originals with Bing and Bob and Dorothy. Nobody woulda gone to see "Back to the Future - Again", or a sequel to "Men in Black".

I've enjoyed every one of the Terminator movies, and I bet I'll enjoy this one, too. Makes you wonder why they'd send back an old Arnold, though...

I'm pretty much done with the series after the Genisys movie made John Connor the bad guy.  It's sad to see a good movie series take such a nosedive, but that's what happens when you can't leave well enough alone and keep trying to fix something that aint broken.  

Even though I was alive on 8-29-97 I don't remember any scares about it, but does anyone older than me remember any mass hysteria from people in real life when that date came?  For anyone who's not dorky like me, that's the date when Judgement Day happens. 

8 hours ago, Maser said:

I'm pretty much done with the series after the Genisys movie made John Connor the bad guy.  It's sad to see a good movie series take such a nosedive, but that's what happens when you can't leave well enough alone and keep trying to fix something that aint broken.  

I think they are basically trying to pretend that movie never happened.

3 hours ago, Maser said:

Even though I was alive on 8-29-97 I don't remember any scares about it, but does anyone older than me remember any mass hysteria from people in real life when that date came?  For anyone who's not dorky like me, that's the date when Judgement Day happens. 

Well, it didn't happen because the Resistance thwarted Skynet. At least for a while.

The Terminator movies are a cover-up by the government to obfuscate the real reason that Skynet failed to achieve total control in 1987.

I'm not saying that Rabbi Dog and Rabbi Cat might could have been involved and the real story is classified until the year 2525.

If man is still alive.

:whistling:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2019 at 8:34 AM, M&P15T said:

What's the back-story to the spanish influence?

Because Sarah Connor spent time in ol' Mehico?

I didn't notice anything about Spain, but I assume the meskin characters were added to appeal to the hispanic market (and the "woke" market).

Keep in mind James Cameron sold the rights to Terminator in order to be the director of the first film and do it how he wanted. If Genisys hadn't been made when it was, there would have been no more money for Paramount from this franchise before Cameron got the rights back this year. Now that he has them, he wants to start milking it himself.

On 10/7/2019 at 5:24 PM, tous said:

The Terminator movies are a cover-up by the government to obfuscate the real reason that Skynet failed to achieve total control in 1987.

I'm not saying that Rabbi Dog and Rabbi Cat might could have been involved and the real story is classified until the year 2525.

If man is still alive.

:whistling:

"Rabbi Cat - not the hero we deserve, but the hero we needed"

• Thanks 2