Sunday Paper...

DrB

I read two local papers 7 days a week.  I agree that it's the "funnies" that I look forward to, still lamenting when one of the papers had three (3) pages of tightly packed comic strips, now cut down to 2 pages and not so tightly packed.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

I'm 39 years old and I have never had a paper subscription in my life. I remember reading the funnies when I was a little kid, and it was my parent's newspaper.

There is this thing called the internet, why would I pay for a newspaper? Meh...

There is that!

I used to like reading newspapers but where I live now I don't like the local paper and I can access it online. I like the wall street journal but it's four dollars a copy now and the only time I read it now is at the library. You used to be able to read the WSJ editorial pages online but not anymore. And I used to like Peggy Noonan but she's become a Lib having live in DC and NYC too long. These days I like Kim Strassel.

Years ago I used to like out of town newspapers and subscribed to a couple. The New York Times used to be a fairly decent newspaper until editorial content began to be mixed with news reporting and they became a whoring rag for the Left.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I used to like reading newspapers but where I live now I don't like the local paper and I can access it online. I like the wall street journal but it's four dollars a copy now and the only time I read it now is at the library. You used to be able to read the WSJ editorial pages online but not anymore. And I used to like Peggy Noonan but she's become a Lib having live in DC and NYC too long. These days I like Kim Strassel.
Years ago I used to like out of town newspapers and subscribed to a couple. The New York Times used to be a fairly decent newspaper until editorial content began to be mixed with news reporting and they became a whoring rag for the Left.

Far too many parts of MSM now treat their opinions as fact. I enjoy a good opinion piece, regardless of whether it supports my viewpoint. I don’t care for opinions mislabeled as news.

NYT has now decided that 1619 is when the United States started because that is when the first slave who was black arrived. I wonder if they will ignore the minor details that the first owner of a black slave was a free black man. And that he became a slave owner by convincing a court that the expiring indenture on a black man should be converted to lifetime chattel slavery b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, deputy tom said:

We haven't had a Sunday paper in my house for a few years. I get my info on the internet. tom. :cowboy2:

There is that but I still like to hold paper in newspaper and turn the pages in my books as I read.  An old man here I guess....

Dave..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DrB said:

There is that but I still like to hold paper in newspaper and turn the pages in my books as I read.  An old man here I guess....

Dave..

I'm the same way. I like reading. and while I get some info from the net I'd prefer to read it on a page. and I'd hate to have to read an entire book on my computer screen.

I also don't like when I'm trying to read a news article on the internet and a video pops up with some dipsh*t reporter is trying to tell me what I'm reading. then I mute the sound so I can read in peace. I'd rather read about something than to have the story spoon-fed to me.

If I had a decent local paper I'd read it but I don't any more. The only time I read newspapers anymore is when I'm on a road trip and I want something to read when I'm at some roadside diner. Sometimes I take some papers with me to read when I go on a trip like that but I also like reading some of the local papers.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

I'm the same way. I like reading. and while I get some info from the net I'd prefer to read it on a page. and I'd hate to have to read an entire book on my computer screen.

I also don't like when I'm trying to read a news article on the internet and a video pops up with some dipsh*t reporter trying to tell me what I'm reading. I mute the sound so I can read in peace.

I only read paper books.

If a web news site wants me to see their article,  they have to put it in writing.  I don't watch videos of the news. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, blueiron said:

I haven't read the local newspaper since they were bought up by Gannett and became part of the USA Today newspaper network. The only newspaper I read regularly is the WSJ and only the electronic version. Too much goes into landfills.

I read the USSA Today at the hotels.  They are the culmination of thorough and responsible journalism.

Now I'm a black transgendered gay that loves Apple and is outraged at man made global annihilation.

Bernie 2020!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

I'm 39 years old and I have never had a paper subscription in my life. I remember reading the funnies when I was a little kid, and it was my parent's newspaper.

There is this thing called the internet, why would I pay for a newspaper? Meh...

While I would like to agree with you there are many local event I would not find out about without the local paper.  That said I sometimes get feed up with the local liberal rag and would like to get rid of it.  Everything from local politics to crime and sports events are not covered on the internet or at least not in one place.  While the internet covers national and international news you find out very little about what is going on in local communities. 

• Like 1

I read two or more papers a day from the late '50s up until I retired in 2012. I should have quit in 2005 or so. Papers aren't the same anymore. They've shrunk in size and in quality. They employ very few real reporters and tend to just reprint content from other papers or wire services, etc. The ads aren't even interesting anymore. Iow, from front to back, they suck.

Do they still use vegetable oil based ink that just sits on the paper and rubs off on everything? 

• Thanks 1