Iran

Ricordo

Well, this one got me asking questions.

How does Iran know it was a Global Hawk, unless they recovered parts in their territory?

Isn't that a stealth craft? How did they manage to shoot it down?

The spin up, and subsequent backing up, of military response makes me think that new info came to light; whether that was Iran's Prez calling the red phone and saying he executed the General who authorized the SAM launch in error, or that our own intel showed that the hawk had strayed into Iranian space, is anyone's guess.

Though the best in the world, the US military and intel complexes are not infallible. My take is, we done fked up on this one.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Well, this one got me asking questions.

How does Iran know it was a Global Hawk, unless they recovered parts in their territory?

The spin up, and subsequent backing up, of military response makes me think that new info came to light; whether that was Iran's Prez calling the red phone and saying he executed the General who authorized the SAM launch in error, or that our own intel showed that the hawk had strayed into Iranian space, is anyone's guess.

Though the best in the world, the US military and intel complexes are not infallible. My take is, we done fked up on this one.

It's only stealth is that it's "relatively small", and somewhat quiet.

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

The MQ-4 has a cruising speed of around 300 knots.

Some King Airs are faster.

As guy of Pred mentioned, it is also smaller than a King Air.

Any air defense RADAR operator that can't identify it, distinguish it from an air superiority asset or a commercial airliner,  is a bozo and Iran probably doesn't employ clowns for air defense.

Easy to detect, easy to identify, easy to track, easy to kill.

• Thanks 2

It's all very odd.

Iran's economy is close to collapse, the the government must be fearing revolution at this point. So they're trying to stay sweet with their population by standing up to the Great Satan and the West, by mining oil tankers and shooting down our drones.

This is all Cold War crap. It's still a proxy conflict between us and the Soviets. Just like Korea, Vietnam, Gulf Wars, etc., etc......

As long a there's no boots on the ground, I'd be for some strikes that take out their nuclear facilities. Although I have read that their main facility is buried in a mountain to be safe from air strikes.

I've also read that Iran has some serious bio-weapons. That's a bit concerning.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Historian said:

My guess is there is some dirty little trick that is about to happen in Iran.

They earned it.  It might have been there is a better more devious way to deal with the situation rather than a large scale attack.

Stuxnet (sp) virus that destroyed their centrifuges comes to mind.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

All you have to do is pay them, and they won’t do this stuff. Jeez, it’s just money.

- Obama

He and Russian contractors gave Iran that ability.  It was money in Obama's pocket.  It seems liberals want to give the ability of hostile nations to destroy us from the Clintons and China, then Obama and Iran.  Anything for a buck, even it will create an eventual nuclear winter unless checked.  Using the above quote, you could equally triple my retirement not to snipe idiots too.  So, my rifle and I will be waiting. :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

The media was explosively OUTRAGED because Trump was going to start a war!!!

The next morning,  they were OUTRAGED that he didn't.

Isn't their outrage interesting, when it doesn't relate to an impending war at all.

• Like 1