What guns you thinking about buying in the coming year or few months and why?

Silentpoet

5 minutes ago, Huski92 said:

Though question. I want a Sig Legion 229 SAO. If they ever release it

And, I want into the handgun optics game. Was thinking about a Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS

Or a Sig 320 RX

Or???

Just not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you considered an FNX?  I'm thinking about a fnx45 at a local store.

I'm just thinking about a few more Spikes Tactical lowers at the moment.

School has me on the poorer end of where I like to live, so I am being super conservative with my spending.

Gimme a year, and my spending might get a little estupido. Not talking Class 3, but close.

• Like 3

Actually, I’m looking at my 15’s, to try to lighten them.  My original free floats are metal and heavy.  Maybe replace with carbon fiber free float with rails or m-lock.  Barrel technology has improved, as has my knowledge, so maybe a lighter barrel.  Claims that the barrel tech now allows the lighter barrels to keep center when the barrel heats up.  

I saw one lightweight that was advertised at just over 5 pounds.  But not worth $2000 to me.  I’ll just have to do some studying.  

Hawk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huski92 said:

Though question. I want a Sig Legion 229 SAO. If they ever release it

And, I want into the handgun optics game. Was thinking about a Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS

Or a Sig 320 RX

Or???

Just not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a P229 Legion in .357 SIG when they stopped making them in this caliber. Got one of the last new ones floating around on GunBroker.

Took this photo against the light in my back yard... a bit over-exposed.

DSC16412.jpg

Edited by crockett
  • Like 3

Not sure what I'll get in 2019. I'm due for a couple more firearms. This is basically what is on my purchase list:

- A semi auto .338 Lapua Magnum rifle with a proper scope from Kahles.

- A S&W stainless steel wheel gun in .41 Magnum with at least 6" barrel

• Like 2

Considering I'm in WA, I'll probably get some sort of assault rifle.  Maybe a 10-22, or maybe a model 60, either one is an assault rifle now.

I'll probably just buy parts for the 5 lower receivers I bought a few months back and finish them out in different calibers and lengths, as pistols and then as rifles.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

Considering I'm in WA, I'll probably get some sort of assault rifle.  Maybe a 10-22, or maybe a model 60, either one is an assault rifle now.

I'll probably just buy parts for the 5 lower receivers I bought a few months back and finish them out in different calibers and lengths, as pistols and then as rifles.

I might just order a bunch more lower receivers.  The new law talks about all semi-auto rifles are now "assault rifles" and require proof of training and whatnot, but lower receivers when stripped are sold as "other" and therefore probably won't fall under the new law.  Probably my favorite part about non gun people trying to write laws is that there is almost always an easy way around them for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

I might just order a bunch more lower receivers.  The new law talks about all semi-auto rifles are now "assault rifles" and require proof of training and whatnot, but lower receivers when stripped are sold as "other" and therefore probably won't fall under the new law.  Probably my favorite part about non gun people trying to write laws is that there is almost always an easy way around them for a while.

I was thinking about that.  I suppose I can buy a stripped lower without the assault weapons crap such as the fee, medical records check, etc. because it can be either a pistol or a rifle at that point and only semi-auto rifles are "assault rifles".

I have an AR10 lower that I bought this past fall that I need to get an upper for, before the WA progressives figure out what an upper is and try to ban them.

Not sure if I want to go for a heavy sniper rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor, or a lightweight hunting rifle in .308.  Probably a hunting rifle.  Will try to go for an 18" barrel max and some carbon fiber goodies to keep the weight down.

Really not planning on buying any more firearms next year.  I am really upset with the new law and refuse to give my local dumbass chief of police any of my personal info.

I am intrigued by the 80% Glock builds, though, and may consider a 26-sized build.  If they came out with on in .40 S&W, I would be begging them to take my money...

4 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

No one's excited about the Glock 48? ...

See the source image

I'm a bit jealous of the beveled front of the slide.  I wish the original 43 had that.

But, I also like my CC guns to have short grip heights. G43, G26, etc. Therefore, the 43X/48 don't appeal to me.

5 hours ago, PNWguy said:

I was thinking about that.  I suppose I can buy a stripped lower without the assault weapons crap such as the fee, medical records check, etc. because it can be either a pistol or a rifle at that point and only semi-auto rifles are "assault rifles".

I have an AR10 lower that I bought this past fall that I need to get an upper for, before the WA progressives figure out what an upper is and try to ban them.

Not sure if I want to go for a heavy sniper rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor, or a lightweight hunting rifle in .308.  Probably a hunting rifle.  Will try to go for an 18" barrel max and some carbon fiber goodies to keep the weight down.

Really not planning on buying any more firearms next year.  I am really upset with the new law and refuse to give my local dumbass chief of police any of my personal info.

I am intrigued by the 80% Glock builds, though, and may consider a 26-sized build.  If they came out with on in .40 S&W, I would be begging them to take my money...

As long as uppers aren't firearms you can buy them and have them shipped anywhere that it's legal to do so, and not have to worry about what state you live and crap like that.  You could get it shipped to a coworker in Idaho or family or whatever.  

56 minutes ago, Maccabeus said:

I'm a bit jealous of the beveled front of the slide.  I wish the original 43 had that.

But, I also like my CC guns to have short grip heights. G43, G26, etc. Therefore, the 43X/48 don't appeal to me.

I've never heard of the Glock 48. Is it a bigger 43?

I just got this rig the other day. I've been selling handguns lately. I want to pare down, and I'm making a run at paying off the house in the next year, so all proceeds go toward that. Got motorcycles up for sale now.  

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1