What guns you thinking about buying in the coming year or few months and why?

Silentpoet

5 hours ago, G19Tony said:

I've never heard of the Glock 48. Is it a bigger 43?

There are some extended threads on TOS about the pending 43X and the 48 that are alleged to be the new Glock releases in the New Year.  There are some spec sheets floating around as well as the picture earlier in this thread posted by PNWguy.

The 43X (behind in the pic) is supposed to be a 43 with a longer grip that accommodates 10 rounds. The 48 (in front in the pic) is the same grip with a longer slide/barrel, making it a G19 on a diet.  The trick is that both models are slightly wider than the current 43, seemingly to accommodate the extra ammo, therefore it likely won't be backwards compatible with the original 43.

Edited by Maccabeus

1 hour ago, Collim1 said:

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/m-m-m10x-7-62x39mm-rifle

its more money than I want to spend, and being a new and different design I’m hesitant to order one sight unseen. 

If it’s reliable and accurate it looks like a lot of fun. 

D37798FE-2E3B-41DA-9DDD-5D53215C02E0.jpeg

Even though I'm not much for rifles, those had appealed to me when I first heard about them.  The price, however, is more than I'm willing to spend.  I could buy all three on my list for the same amount. 

Right now I'm pretty well set-up on pistols. I'm thinking 2019 may be more rifle oriented. Oh, and possibly my first suppressor.

The Wife absolutely fell in love with a Barrett M99 that she shot, so that's a possibility. She also has a strong desire for one of the STG77 Styer AUG (40th Anniversary model).

As for me, I'm looking for a nice .357/.38 lever-action, a 1885 Hi-Wall, and really considering a PTR 91FR. We have both been thinking about a 9mm carbine, so probably a Ruger PC9 although that new PSA 9mm AK looks different and fun. 

We are also considering trying rimfire steel challenge, so maybe a couple of 10/22s with mods.

13 hours ago, PNWguy said:

No one's excited about the Glock 48?

Basically a single-stack G19 with a G17 length slide. 

See the source image

I'll pass.  Happy with my Gen 5 G19 MOS.

Why couldn't Glock just make a NORMAL single stack G19 with a NORMAL slide length with a NORMAL slide that wasn't two-tone and gave you the option of whether or not you wanted slide serrations?

The proposed G43x is more to my liking but I would want it to use magazines that would be compatible with the regular G43 so that those magazine could be use in a G43 as a spare. I only trust Glock OEM factory magazines. 

Edited by Borg warner

16 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Why couldn't Glock just make a NORMAL single stack G19 with a NORMAL slide length with a NORMAL slide that wasn't two-tone and gave you the option of whether or not you wanted slide serrations?

But I thought you loved the front serrations??  :78:

2 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

But I thought you loved the front serrations??  :78:

You must have missed the thread where I said that the only way I'd get a G45 would be if I got a Gen 5 G19 and the same time and them swapped slides and sold the G19 with the dumbass front mag cut-out and the dumbass forward slide serrations at a loss.

I really think Glock has it in for me and I'm starting to take it personally. But seriously some people like the forward slide serrations, and some people hate them. But since Glock makes some guns with and some guns without, why can't they be offered with either one as an option?

• Haha 1

I fingered about everything at the gun store today and came home with a sig p365.  I know there are some reports of problems, but this is a recent production one which is supposedly improved.  It had a fairly decent trigger, especially compared to my old p11 I used to have.  Night sights.  Compact enough for pocket carry.  I am thinking of trading in my Kahr CT9 towards a panzer arms 12 ga.  https://www.classicfirearms.com/panzer-arms-ar12-semi-auto-ar-15-platform-12ga-shotgun-pwar12sgfc/

Actually that color scheme too. I could just buy from classic arms and shipping and transfer fees would be cheaper. But I would have to lay out that much more cash than I want to, so I am not sure.

4 hours ago, Borg warner said:

You must have missed the thread where I said that the only way I'd get a G45 would be if I got a Gen 5 G19 and the same time and them swapped slides and sold the G19 with the dumbass front mag cut-out and the dumbass forward slide serrations at a loss.

I really think Glock has it in for me and I'm starting to take it personally. But seriously some people like the forward slide serrations, and some people hate them. But since Glock makes some guns with and some guns without, why can't they be offered with either one as an option?

If it was HK it would be because they hate you and you suck, but with glock I am not sure.

• Like 1

Mine says HI.

The firing pin of the version 1 and 2 is prone to breaking due to primer cup smearing. The current version 3 is supposed to have a better pin. If this issue still follows you around, there is an aftermarket company offering a much better pin.

My G42 hiding behind it... the P365 has a phenomenal form factor, considering that it houses a stronger caliber and many more rounds. 

Img-0076.jpg

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

Mine has a born on date of October 18th or 19th of this year. I just did a simple field strip to degrease it, but I didn't go so far as the firing pin.I was cleaning my other pistols so I didn't want to spend too much time on it.

It did fit my ankle holster but the holster doesn't really work for me with my big calves.  I do have an Osborne IWB holster made for an unknown model(I am thinking it might be one of the small glocks) that fits pretty good. My leather pocket holster works with it.   I'm just going to try ammo and see what it likes.

7 hours ago, Borg warner said:

The proposed G43x is more to my liking but I would want it to use magazines that would be compatible with the regular G43 so that those magazine could be use in a G43 as a spare. I only trust Glock OEM factory magazines. 

I'd like to see the G48 concept in 45 ACP.

13 hours ago, Glocks4Freedom said:

I'd like to see the G48 concept in 45 ACP.

I don't like the G48 with the funny-looking silver-colored forward serrations slide that sticks out past the frame but I do like the idea of just a NORMAL a single stack G19 sized gun. And as far as a single stack 45 ACP, all Glock would have to do would be to extend the grip length of the G36 and extend the slide length proportionately so that it was similar to the proportions of a regular G19 without adding any "Enhancements" and they'd have a real nice gun

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1

As soon as I get my GSSF coupon, I'll be picking up a Glock 19 gen 5. I recently moved to New Hampshire and I want to start taking some pistol classes at the SIG Academy, which is only a few miles away. For most of the classes, they only allow full size and compact guns, so my G26 won't cut it. They'll loan you a gun, put I'd rather train with a larger version of the gun I carry.

• Like 1

I need a parts kit for my AR build.  And my husband keeps stealing my little Sig, so I need another one.  For Xmas,  I got a Volquartsen trigger for my favorite 10-22, but now I want a custom stock for it because my cheek weld is always a jaw weld unless I vet tape pool noodles onto it, which is ugly.  If I'm going to shoot it, it might as well be pretty, and fit me.  And I'd like a winning lottery ticket, so I can buy everything on my "Lifetime Firearms Acquisitions List."  Because life is short, and I might as well have lots of guns to leave my fave people in my will.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Pistolay said:

As soon as I get my GSSF coupon, I'll be picking up a Glock 19 gen 5. I recently moved to New Hampshire and I want to start taking some pistol classes at the SIG Academy, which is only a few miles away. For most of the classes, they only allow full size and compact guns, so my G26 won't cut it. They'll loan you a gun, put I'd rather train with a larger version of the gun I carry.

You might want to invest in one of these for your Gen5 G19. I had a Gen 2 G19 and I absolutely hated the half-moon mag cut-out but Pearce base plate really helped.

pearce00.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Borg warner said:

You might want to invest in one of these for your Gen5 G19. I had a Gen 2 G19 and I absolutely hated the half-moon mag cut-out but Pearce base plate really helped.

That's good to know. If I have a problem with the cutout, I'll pick these up.