What guns you thinking about buying in the coming year or few months and why?

Silentpoet

Can't explain why, but I saw a Ruger Super Blackhawk in a LGS for a decent price and I'm going to make a trade on it. Just looked like a magnificent firearm... blued steel with wood grips.

Crazy thing is I don't need it... not a wild bear within hundreds of miles. Really too heavy for a hiking gun... but it was freaking beautiful. 

I guess deep down inside, I love those single action revolvers. Or maybe I'm looking for a change from my usual 9mm semi-autos. Don't know... but I really want it ?

• Like 1

In a handgun, I'm thinking a Beretta compact Storm 9mm, saw one in urban gray I liked, but for the right price black works. The urban gray, I was seconds away from buying and then I saw a big deep scratch on the slide of a new gun....deal breaker. It was getting sent back to Beretta. It was a one off version.

On 1/1/2019 at 4:34 PM, Citra47 said:

I sort of rushed the 2019 purchases.  Rural King Guns ran a nice sale at the end of 2018. One of the sale items is one I have had my eyes on for some time; the light weight, easy to carry Ruger SR22. I checked and the local store in Ocala had a few in stock so into town I drove on New Years Eve day and picked up a new RUGER SR22.  Shoots very well, seems to eat all the various .22 LR types of ammo I tried and even happens to fit a belt holster I already own. SHOCKING! :2gun:

IMG_3339.jpgimage.png.f77ccb2b58ba4c0b1c8239fdc081f2f2.png

I'd like to replace my beat Walther P-22 with one of those.

• 4 weeks later...

Follow up to my last post on January 2nd... traded a safe queen for a Super Blackhawk with 4 5/8 inch barrel. New Model... an older one according to the serial number, but not too beat up. Gonna have it checked out by a gunsmith before I haul it out to the range. Because of the costs of shooting .44 mag and .44 special, it won't be a frequent shooter, but a fun one nonetheless.

• Like 1

I wasn’t really looking to purchase anything, but one just kind of landed on me.

The friend of a good friend of mine has terminal brain cancer, and was liquidating his extensive collection.

My friend knew that one of my grail guns is a CZ Shadow 2, and the afflicted man had one.  It was one of nearly 60 guns he was selling, but he cherished that CZ, wanting it to go to someone that also appreciated the pistol.

He had been selling guns for dimes on the dollar, but he wanted to hold out on this one.  Offers of $300 to $500 had been pouring in to this poor guy.

I had $900 saved up for my next purchase, and I was a little embarrassed to offer it up, telling him I could gather up another $100 to make it and even 1 large.

He accepted my $900, and said to call it good.

This is one purchase I’m not sure how to feel good or bad about.

He just stopped chemo last week.  They don’t give him much longer.....

• Sad 4

Finally was able to fondle a P365 in a gun shop today.

Was down at a GSSF match and the store had one on display.  In fact, he said he had 5 in stock.  He also had a 43x and 48.

Was just amazed at the size and capacity.  Gun felt pretty good with the 10-round magazine, although my pinky had to wrap underneath the grip. Then the dealer handed me a 12-round magazine and it was perfect!  Dry fired it and was again amazed at the trigger.  Wonderful!  If the 43x was Glock's supposed response to the P365, they should be embarrassed.  The 43x is a pig compared to the P365.

My girlfriend was with me and she held it and fell in love with the P365.  Now we are both planning on getting our own as soon as the safety models are released.

Vart, I really like the 365 as well. I'm waiting for all the bugs to be worked out then I'll pick one up. I learned my lesson with the P320. I sent mine in for the "voluntary upgrade" and it went from 100% reliable to one failure per mag.  I'm sure Sig will fix it but it's a PITA to deal with. 

• Like 1