I read your thread at Glocktalk Eric...

18 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Don't let the door hit ya in the a$$, A$$hole. "tinyman" indeed...

Since you have such a fine command of the English language, perhaps you will understand this --

I was told that Eric was tired of the responses and said to move on.  Perhaps move on means one of two things -- #1, what you butt heads think means get the f out of the forum or #2 what I UNDERSTOOD TO MEAN enough of this about russ.  

Well, since I have been asked to leave, 

9 minutes ago, Tinyman said:

Since you have such a fine command of the English language, perhaps you will understand this --

I was told that Eric was tired of the responses and said to move on.  Perhaps move on means one of two things -- #1, what you butt heads think means get the f out of the forum or #2 what I UNDERSTOOD TO MEAN enough of this about russ.  

Well, since I have been asked to leave, 

No one asked you to leave due to your opinions, it is your attitude. We hold Eric, in quite high regard in these parts. We are a bit protective of him, despite him being perfectly capable to speak for himself. Leave, don’t leave, makes no difference to me, dare I say us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 10/19/2018 at 11:55 AM, ItnStln said:

I've noticed Glock Talk going down hill lately. It seems like everyone is getting banned. I got a PM from Russ about something and was threatened with a ban when I asked for an explanation. Selling a gun forum to a Canadian company seems like a poor business choice.

“Depends” If the price is right and the need for cash exists - sell. They bought a viable thriving site. If it dies that’s on them. Maybe they bought it to kill or at least neuter it. It most likely wasn’t a situation such that it was really bought using the cash in the till. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tinyman said:

Ok Crockett -- your definition, please over your statement "Time to move on".

Time to move on and away from the past issues and everything around GlockTalk. This is a "new" and independent forum for gun owners, gun rights proponents and old friends. That's at least my take on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On a totally different note, I think we could make use of some fresh blood. If you guys have any online or real life friends with an interest around firearms, outdoors, hunting, cooking, and everything that comes roughly out of that direction, feel free to invite them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tinyman said:

crockett -- thank you.  I will not make any referance to the other place or the other guy agin.   

NPTim -- consider my attitude corrected.

It sounds like there may be a mistake. Eric owned Glock Talk, past tense. Eric owns this place present perfect tense (a little ass kissing :supergrin: )

very well then, drive on young stud.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NPTim said:

It sounds like there may be a mistake. Eric owned Glock Talk, past tense. Eric owns this place present perfect tense (a little ass kissing :supergrin: )

very well then, drive on young stud.

Being a "newby", I really had no idea who Eric is/was/wants to be -- guess thats my bad.

Big negative on booty smack ? , and thanks for the "young stud" -- my 71 year old body appreciates that ?.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't care much for glock talk. I was a new boot and posted a harmless funny image on my second day there. One of the faggot mods removed it and talked down to me like I was a 10 year old kid. They can kiss my ass!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve never been a member of the that place but have read some stuff over there. Was amazed at how many of them talked **** about Eric and this site. Quite a few arrogant stuck up a$$holes over there. One thing I found strange was how the long time posters can get away with being down right nasty to new people or other members and it’s fine with the mods.  Not a place for me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe it’s time I drop back in over there just to stir the pot. 

The mods wanted my head in a platter just because I forwarded a pic to Russ P. From one of their own advertisers. A lingerie company. It showed a girl in a totally see through bra. It left nothing to the imagination. I did not repost it publicly on the site. Just to Russ. And told him that I thought it was rather hypocritical to allow that sort of advertising but ban longtime members for much less. 

I wonder how easy it would be to pick another fight just for the hell of it. Some guys are so thin skinned just saying hello will do it. 

828450D9-84BE-438B-A917-D66101393B06.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2022 at 1:01 PM, Batesmotel said:

Maybe it’s time I drop back in over there just to stir the pot. 

The mods wanted my head in a platter just because I forwarded a pic to Russ P. From one of their own advertisers. A lingerie company. It showed a girl in a totally see through bra. It left nothing to the imagination. I did not repost it publicly on the site. Just to Russ. And told him that I thought it was rather hypocritical to allow that sort of advertising but ban longtime members for much less. 

I wonder how easy it would be to pick another fight just for the hell of it. Some guys are so thin skinned just saying hello will do it. 

828450D9-84BE-438B-A917-D66101393B06.jpeg

Not hard to ruffle bloomers there. In the year or two I was there, it was completely different my last sign out than when I joined. Almost toxic toward conservative mined people.

One good thing came of it. I found The Bore Sight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2021 at 10:18 PM, norton said:

I must not be trying hard enough.  I have been a poster on "the other site" almost 19 years and have never received a warning.  

I had been there since 2004 and got a punishment forever ban, I can give you tips on success

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, geeorge said:

I had been there since 2004 and got a punishment forever ban, I can give you tips on success

Man, I tried that. Was nearly there  and told the mod to close may account. Didn't want my membership to make them a nickle. Crickets. Sent an admin the same rewuest, same results. 

They talk it up big, but ran and hid when called on it. Still won't close the account. Probably could go and make a scene, but not worth the effort, and that isn't much when the old Petty Officer gets cranked up. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2018 at 1:40 PM, Swampfox762 said:

I was saddened to read your thread at Glocktalk.  Definitely a sad state of affairs.  Vertical Horizon has ruined Glockforum.net also.  Almost every thread on the main page is Nothing but ads.  They have basically run most of the people off.  GF has dropped from around 600 people on line a day to around 2-300.  And hardly any threads posted any more...just Ads...

Anyway, like i said, sorry to read that thread.  BUT!!!  Thank you for Starting over again with The Bore site!!!  For gods sake don't sell it!!!:D

For those that might have missed Eric's last thread at Glocktalk, here is a link.  I also posted this on Glockforum.net so the readers there know about vertical horizon also.  

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/i-am-stepping-down-as-gt-admin.1708610/

The ads aren't the lest bit of a problem if you have an ad blocker like uBlock Origin The bigger problem is that the moderators block things for arbitrary reasons. I've had multiple posts removed and have recieved many warningsw. the only reason I haven't been banned or suspended is because every time I receive a warning, rather than trying to argue with them I apologize for breaking their Jive-ass rules.

Here's a post that was removed for being "Racist"  I don't think it's racist, I think it shows the hypocrisy of those who claim to be anti-racist.  The rules on this forum give everyone a lot more leeway and yet anything that is truly offensive is not allowed.

cartoonlittle kid-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

Man, I tried that. Was nearly there  and told the mod to close may account. Didn't want my membership to make them a nickle. Crickets. Sent an admin the same rewuest, same results. 

They talk it up big, but ran and hid when called on it. Still won't close the account. Probably could go and make a scene, but not worth the effort, and that isn't much when the old Petty Officer gets cranked up. 

PM me your user name  on GT and password and I'll get you banned

• Haha 3