Random Posting

Eric

5 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Fortunately, there’s only two in the cab

That something kinky that you young fellers are doing these days? "Two in the cab"? 

Two in the cab beats one in the bush?

• Like 1

• Administrators

You know what really hurts? Jamming a 4-1/2” grinder disk into the side of your index finger. You know what is really stupid? Doing that while a pair of safety gloves were laying two feet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, Eric said:

You know what really hurts? Jamming a 4-1/2” grinder disk into the side of your index finger. You know what is really stupid? Doing that while a pair of safety gloves were laying two feet.

Everyone that has done anything has done things just as foolish.  That's why experts have good judgement, resulting from foolish mistakes.  If you have never made a foolish mistake you have never done anything!

I'm not an expert but I have shot a small finish nail through the nail and the tip of my finger.  What I learned from that was, that you need a pliers to get it out.  (among other things).

• Like 6

The real hard part of getting experience, is to survive the initial worst case catastrophes so you can get on the less harmful "experiences".  If you can survive the multitude of harmful crap over a long period of time ( with most of your appendages intact) somewhat intact, you become an "Expert".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Damn - looks deadly on both ends!

Shouldn't the carrier have it's number painted on the deck?

Sweet looking gun but 8 rounds makes for a fat cylinder.

I'm told that when the fecal matter hits the air mover, that you don't even notice how much it hurts to shoot......

Numpty.  

With that short barrel I wonder if 357 would be any more effective than .38.  You'd need a fast-burning powder for sure.

Agreed on the cylinder being fat, I didn't think of that at first. Another poster said it is the size of an N Frame cylinder, so that might be a deal breaker.

True on not bad shooting when you have to. It isn't a fun range gun but a cylinder full to save you bacon is not worth worrying about. As long as I can hit the target at 10 yards with it, I am happy.

As to the J-Frame using .357 or .38 I looked at Speer's Gold Dot "Short Barrel" ammo and it does seem that there is a small difference. They say it is designed for 1.9" barrels, all of my J-Frame barrels say 1 7/8" on the box or barrel which if I'm not wrong is 1.875". Other ammos might give different results but I looked at this ammo when I bought the 340sc about a decade ago. Mine is a BUG so if the situation is that bad where I am using it, I want every little bit of energy and velocity I can get.

.357mag - Velocity 990 - Energy 294 - both measurements are at muzzle

https://www.speer-ammo.com/products/ammunition/gold-dot/gold-dot-short-barrel-personal-protection/23917gd

.38spl+p - Velocity 860 - Energy 222 - both measurements are at muzzle

https://www.speer-ammo.com/products/ammunition/gold-dot/gold-dot-short-barrel-personal-protection/23921gd

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Eric said:

NSFE

Spoiler

EC491F2F-9907-414E-8A69-E1DBEE056064.jpeg.f49a09831480c280144dea6d149df80e.jpeg

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tous said:

In my experience, this is true.

I competed with my Glock 22 and I always noticed the recoil when just punching paper, but never noticed it when competing.

That said, as much as I enjoyed my Blackhawk in .,44  Remington Magnum, I didn't enjoy it all day.

Danged thing used to raise a blister on my thumb.

:biggrin:

Try one on the Bisley frame.  MUCH better.  That's how my Vaquero is built.

IMO the .44 mag is too hot for the standard Blackhawk.  The frame can take it, but the grip frame is just (IMO) too small to hang on to.  I can't even get my pinky finger on it.

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

bz-5d1cc5aa8e45a.jpeg

Nice work, though not for me honestly.  I like my guns to be all business.  Black, blue, parkerized green, or stainless.  No fancy stuff.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Eric said:

NSFE

Hide contents

EC491F2F-9907-414E-8A69-E1DBEE056064.jpeg.f49a09831480c280144dea6d149df80e.jpeg

Isn't it amazing just how well the human body heals in spite of the outrageous things we do to it.  My Doctor just shakes his head when he asked what happened and I tell him and say. "but it's not big deal, I heal well!".

Congratulations on the new evidence that you overcame something with such power, and are still the ALPHA.  Scars are Nature's awards for a battle well fought!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Try one on the Bisley frame.  MUCH better.  That's how my Vaquero is built.

IMO the .44 mag is too hot for the standard Blackhawk.  The frame can take it, but the grip frame is just (IMO) too small to hang on to.  I can't even get my pinky finger on it.

Nice work, though not for me honestly.  I like my guns to be all business.  Black, blue, parkerized green, or stainless.  No fancy stuff.

The 365 reminds me of a Sigma

2A9924D7-55FD-440E-88F4-8410D11DC62B.jpeg.b3e2b96cd74d89ac4d71eef6b2755720.jpeg

El Mamacita Caliente is up and around. Hernia surgery and esophageal lengthening, 5 small (1cm) incisions and stitches in her navel.

still on full liquid diet for another week

knowing her as I do, she’s gonna be back on the spinner bike by next week

8E90F79D-A6A4-4938-84E7-E124B9096F0A.thumb.jpeg.7746b1cadf5cf20f6c6874c380aaf9dc.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic