Random Posting

Eric

3 hours ago, Moshe said:

Brent Spiner is funny.

After that one I watched a video where he discussed Bob Wheeler.  Apparently he had been doing that character for his friends since childhood.  He was scheduled to be a regular cast member of Night Court the next season but he also got the Data Role so he chose to do that instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

After that one I watched a video where he discussed Bob Wheeler.  Apparently he had been doing that character for his friends since childhood.  He was scheduled to be a regular cast member of Night Court the next season but he also got the Data Role so he chose to do that instead.

I torture my children anywhere between SpongeBob since they seemed to have outgrown it, to Eric Cartmen.  Somehow they don't want to hear SpongeBob and Patrick sing "The Best Day Ever."  I guess I would make a really good parrot?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tous said:

It began with Mike, Robby and Chip (Richard.)

Mike vanished about halfway through, so the Douglas family adopted orphaned Ernie.

I seem to associate Mike with drag racing for no reason I can recall.

Has anyone put together a page explaining all the written-out roles and their fates over the years? Mike, Adam Cartwright, Henry Blake, Yeoman Rand, etc.

22 hours ago, tous said:

It began with Mike, Robby and Chip (Richard.)

Mike vanished about halfway through, so the Douglas family adopted orphaned Ernie.

I can still hear the theme and see the moving shoes of the introduction.

Odd that I can recall detalls of a television program that went off of the air in the 1960s, yet cannot recall what I had for lunch yesterday.  :sigh:

Maybe you forgot to eat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I seem to associate Mike with drag racing for no reason I can recall.

Has anyone put together a page explaining all the written-out roles and their fates over the years? Mike, Adam Cartwright, Henry Blake, Yeoman Rand, etc.

I suspect it usually has to do with contracts and the decision, by either or both parties, to not renew them.

Contract disputes, such as Susanne Somers career-killing demands when she was on Three's Company, were rarely discussed or disclosed in the 1950s and 1960s.

Remember when we got a new Darrin?

I remember Tim Considine more for his role in Spin and Marty and the Hardy Boys on Disney than My Three Sons.

• Like 2

At the lake where we have vacationed in Northern Minnesota for  about 40 years now, we first met Hugh Beaumont, the father in leave it to beaver, and his wife.

He had bought the island in the lake as a Summer residence.  By this time he had, had a stroke and had difficulty walking.  We used to give the Beaumont's a ride to their island in our boat when they first arrived until they could get their own boats going.  Hugh loved the North Woods but his wife hated it.  She wanted nothing to do with the backwoods and was only happy in Hollywood social circles.  Eventually she refused to go to the island with him and he had to go it alone.

He had no electricity on the island and after some years, he would hire a college student to do chores and take care of the building maintenance, and getting groceries from town.  They had a couple of fishing boats to get to shore with and for leisure.

He seemed like a nice guy but was stuck with a medical condition that haunted him.  Eventually he passed and the island was sold to another party.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic