Would you put cheese on a Rib Eye or New York steak?

I like all manner of cheeses,  mostly by itself.  

If I see something on a menu described as "cheesy-xxxxxx",  I'm not ordering it.  I wouldn't put it on a nice steak.

A really real cheesesteak will take years off of your life.  I cut it pretty close every time I'm in Jersey.

7 minutes ago, OGW said:

Bleu cheese sauce or crumbled on a steak is fantastic. Hell, it's great on a hamburger.

Agree.  I prefer the blue cheese is on the side though so it can mix with the blood of the medium rare steak and I can dip it and get some cheese when I want.

27 minutes ago, OGW said:

Bleu cheese sauce or crumbled on a steak is fantastic. Hell, it's great on a hamburger.

Yes...and Mrs. Historian has made a gorgonzola sauce that acompanies a steak that is quite nice.

But generally. I say no.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

As long as the steak is cooked to perfection, (Rare) it wouldn't be necessary but it wouldn't hurt , but while i was at it, I'd add grilled mushrooms and onions to the cheese

That's how I had my extra thick moose burger tonight. No cheese on it, but onion and lots of shitake mushrooms. It was quite delicious. While eating it I started wondering about cheese on steak since we put it on other meat.

Edited by Walt Longmire