gift for 4 year old

ASH

ok my grand kid Piper  will be 4 on june 23 .  i need suggestions  for gift .  i was planning long time ago , renting bouncy house and have friends over .  but that is out. 

last year i got her bike , and she rides a razor scooter more then bike .  this kid has more toys then 20 kids together .  she has a ipad and  can use it better then me , 

she calls it a watch it lol .  she is really smart  and i know most parents and etc think their kids are the smartest alive .  but she is grounded prettty good . i know she is way 

smarter then some at 4 .          i started her saving account and add to it monthly  , she owns gold as i buy her some time to time .  

i think she is gonna be a vet . animals are drawn to her .  she can do the alphabet without help .  

brain trust any ideas .  toys are out  lol .  pretty much got everything  i think she needs .  

she has a small dog and cat .  i sometimes get urked when she has so much , i want her grounded and not be one of those spoiled kids . so me and wife  have a beef

over it time to time . you can show her book of animals  and name everyone .  

most toys and clothes are from goodwill , she loves going there .  she does like to donate  as she says other kids need toys also . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Duluth said:

When my daughter was around that age I bought her a kids microscope kit. Educational and she loved it.

So did my mom. I still use a lab grade one just for fun. I hope to get grandkids into telescopes and microscopes. 

Instead of stuff, give her experiences.  Set up a tent in the yard for her to play in, build a fire, and make s'mores.  Or go to the park with her and her iPad, and have her take pictures, then turn the pics into a book using Shutterfly (or the book app on her iPad, if she has it), and have her tell you what to type in the text box for each picture... you can do this with a theme like taking pictures of all the animal tracks, or all the different flowers, or birds, or rocks, or just interesting scenes that caught her eye while hiking).  Have them print it and give it to her.  Or write a basic reading level adventure story and make her the main character (Princess Piper!  Pirate Piper! ). Write it down or print it out and give it to her.  (My husband did one for our girls and it's still around here, 15 years later.  Now he is in a contest with our youngest to see who will finish their short story first... and his once again stars the girls).   

• Like 3

i forgot to mention  we did start college fund when she was born  .     she love exploring and looking at stuff ,   and as i think about a microscope she would use the hell out of that

because she walks around and says look!!  bug   , etc     get her bunch of slides.   she is really something else .  i think a microscope is in order,    she gets free books every month 

from dolly Parton  . the last 2 years my wife took her to story time  for kids at library and wife said she is only one who sits  and listens ,  lol .  she likes turning things  over looking for bugs lol 

all good thoughts,  she has a tent   me and her already slept  few times in it . well she slept my old back hurt .  then  i take her on the back 50 in the woods to explore.  

i got her kids fishing reel   so we fish at the pond .  i cant wait til shes older and can ride in her jeep as she says and go real fishing . 

just ordered a kid kit microscope  with 150  extra slides  of all kinds of things ,  you can even shine image on wall she will flip for that . 

she cant have to much fun she has a day job lol . 

58377140_10156323265195838_4068528683055316992_n.jpg

59267300_10156323265265838_8403864020188135424_n.jpg

59219927_10156323265295838_1550774835020300288_n.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Historian said:

Your time means a lot right now to her.  In some ways the best gift is just being you...and being a grand dad.

yep  . she wants to ride in one of jeeps all the time , so we   go on the trails  and mud  on the farm , and make new trails . she wants to know when she can drive it 

i had a collector wanting to buy the golden eagle but she said its hers and she would hurt if i sold it . so  it stays 

11 hours ago, ASH said:

all good thoughts,  she has a tent   me and her already slept  few times in it . well she slept my old back hurt .  then  i take her on the back 50 in the woods to explore.  

i got her kids fishing reel   so we fish at the pond .  i cant wait til shes older and can ride in her jeep as she says and go real fishing . 

just ordered a kid kit microscope  with 150  extra slides  of all kinds of things ,  you can even shine image on wall she will flip for that . 

she cant have to much fun she has a day job lol . 

58377140_10156323265195838_4068528683055316992_n.jpg

59267300_10156323265265838_8403864020188135424_n.jpg

59219927_10156323265295838_1550774835020300288_n.jpg

What a doll! 

Cheers, brother!

7 hours ago, windowasher said:

image.png.f8913858dbf93775654b862d52c85bec.png  KSA Cricket G2.22LR

yep little bit down the road. she is alittle compulsive  obsessive , buy my wife is and my daughter is . she is very deliberate of how she puts things together and is awesome at solving problems .  she can almost solve  a rubiks cube now .     shes smarter at almost 4  then i was at 10 lol /