California detective died from the coronavirus after twice being denied test for virus

TBO

35 minutes ago, devildog2067 said:

The test result doesn't change the standard of care. They put her on a vent when her O2 saturation dropped. Having the test result in hand wouldn't have made a difference.

This I couldn't understand.  If here O2 level was critically low why bother with the test, just do something immediately.

• Like 1

May she R.I.P.

i think it needs to be known who is responsible for these Preventable Deaths.

there's no excuse whatsoever for that, if you Consider someone essential you should back them up with what they need to do the job.

and be prepared with the possible outcome of doing it.

• Like 2

Not sure why exactly their job title means anything in this case.  Being a cop doesn't make you a special person.  People are people.  We will never know the real story behind this virus.  Also I have to wonder why these ventilators are considered the Holy Grail.  If you get put on one, you're pretty much already dead anyways, and if by some chance you survive and get taken off, you have brain damage or other issues for the rest of your life.  Don't believe me?  If you got any friends who work as nurses, ask them for the mortality rate of patients put on ventilators. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, devildog2067 said:

The test result doesn't change the standard of care. They put her on a vent when her O2 saturation dropped. Having the test result in hand wouldn't have made a difference.

Well, kinda. As a police officer myself, I relate to her. If you're going to die young, you hope it's in the line of duty. A "in the line of duty" death opens up a world of benefits to the family you leave behind. If she caught the virus in the line of duty, that makes a world of difference to her family.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TBO said:

California detective died from the coronavirus after twice being denied test for virus: report

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-detective-died-from-the-coronavirus-after-twice-being-denied-a-test-for-virus

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

The Chief of Aliquippa,PA PD and interim Chief of Ambridge PA PD lost their lives to Covid-19. RIP, Gentlemen. tom. :fallenofficer::fallenofficer:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, devildog2067 said:

Started treatment earlier.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 7:24 PM, Maser said:

Not sure why exactly their job title means anything in this case.  Being a cop doesn't make you a special person.  People are people.  We will never know the real story behind this virus.  Also I have to wonder why these ventilators are considered the Holy Grail.  If you get put on one, you're pretty much already dead anyways, and if by some chance you survive and get taken off, you have brain damage or other issues for the rest of your life.  Don't believe me?  If you got any friends who work as nurses, ask them for the mortality rate of patients put on ventilators. 

Mostly the Difference is we have an expectation of Law Enforcement doing the job and being considered Essential and Necessary.

they should at the least have the knowledge that they can get the Health care needed for doing what we expect them to do.

this was a lesson learned on Sept. 11th, we can`t leave them just Hanging.

• Thanks 2