James Bond has a 'severe' drinking problem, researchers argue

TBO

From the article:

"...During his six decades on screen, a drink touched the secret agent’s lips 109 times at an average of 4.5 times per movie, the researchers found...."

My question is.  Does the whole movie (movies in this case) each occur over only a few hours?  Or is the drinking spread over some number of days, and if so, how many days.  If it's metabolized from scene to scene it makes a difference.

Time is a factor in Alcohol since it's processed in the body.  Is it possible that this isn't as bad as they make it out to be.  No mention in their determination addresses the total time involved from drink to drink, just the total number of drinks.

Mind you, I don't drink so I don't have an axe to grind in this.  But, I'm interested in whether "experts" have some motivation to present the "details" in a different light.

• Like 3

In all seriousness:  If someone really lived like Bond....and I've seen almost all the movies...do you think he expects to see another day?

Bond is about violence, sex, eating well, and drinking.

There but for the grace of God go, I.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Historian said:

In all seriousness:  If someone really lived like Bond....and I've seen almost all the movies...do you think he expects to see another day?

Bond is about violence, sex, eating well, and drinking.

There but for the grace of God go, I.

I just watched Man with the Golden Gun yesterday and was thinking how much I would have liked to have shared a bottle of PhuYuk '74 with Brit Eklund and Maud Adams

Edited by Al Czervik
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmohme said:

So researchers argue that a fictional character has a severe drinking problem.

Just how severe can a fictional drinking problem be?

Like the late, great Stan Lee said about who would win a fight between say the Hulk and Superman, it depends on who is writing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1