I Don't Remember The Last Time...

Eric

2 hours ago, Hannie Caulder said:
Dairy Queen Blizzards are delish.  Especially the Butterfinger Blizzards.

The Breeze was better, frozen yogurt.

a4d3a158-ac29-4f12-b1b5-a4ebe8e50b5c.jpg

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

Edited by TBO

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Mike Papa said:

The last time I rode a train was in 1987.  It was actually an Army Guard Car. Me and two of my MPs were volunteered by our 1SG to do security on an equipment train retuning from NTC desert training in California to Ft Benning GA. We were told it was an actual Guard Car from WW2 era and that only three remained on active duty. The three MPs that rode it on the way out had MRE as the training hadn’t started. We were at NTC for 45 days. When it was time for us to return, the word went out to all mess sgts that any leftover food should be sent for the train crew. We were on the train for a week and we had enough food for a month. The car had a kitchen and we ate really good. We had a few crazy adventures along the way on what should have been a non-adventure. Plus added a week to our NTC. :patriot:

An old salty cop that was working when I joined my PD had been an MP in the Army (did his 20)  He rode army train cars all over the country and in Europe.  He really enjoyed it.  He had some good stories about Army life on the rails. 

8 hours ago, Rabbi said:

An old salty cop that was working when I joined my PD had been an MP in the Army (did his 20)  He rode army train cars all over the country and in Europe.  He really enjoyed it.  He had some good stories about Army life on the rails. 

The Army Guard Car was my one and only train experience during my twenty years in the Military Police. We had three MPs because of the amount of equipment and ten M1 tanks required armed guards. Anytime the train was stopped we were to get out and walk the length of the train visually inspecting all the equipment. It was an interesting week. ?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

IDRTLT I changed a tire alongside the road.

Really?

In the last 10 years I have probably done that a couple of dozen times.   Mostly as a cop helping folks but as recently as this year, I did it on my own car.   Sure, I have roadside, but even with the horrible factory ****, I can do it faster and be on my way to get it fixed before roadside shows up.  

On 9/20/2018 at 1:37 PM, janice6 said:

I don't remember the last time I used a Mechanical Calculator

I don't remember the last time I used any standalone calculator.  

I missed the era of the slide rule, and as a poor child I could only dream of owning something like an HP scientific calculator or a TI graphing calculator.  Even crummy solar calculators were a rare treat for me.

I'm grown and making money now, so I could afford one of those calculators.  And with the internet around I can just order a slide rule off of Amazon.  But I have a computer that I keep in my pocket that can do all of those things better.  And I almost find that disappointing.

Edited by JTMac
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Rabbi said:

Really?

In the last 10 years I have probably done that a couple of dozen times.   Mostly as a cop helping folks but as recently as this year, I did it on my own car.   Sure, I have roadside, but even with the horrible factory ****, I can do it faster and be on my way to get it fixed before roadside shows up.  

You gotta buy better tires. And quit running over ****.

16 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

IDRTLT I changed a tire alongside the road.

I do, but it was in the driveway.  I was 17 and just got my DL.  It was when Daddy gave me his old pickup truck.  He made me do it twice by myself before he would hand me the keys.

I have had a couple of flats on the road, but somebody always stopped to change it for me before I even got the spare out. 

Edited by Hannie Caulder
  • Like 2

Boiling water in a kettle is something I still do from time to time, but having a microwave oven revolutionized snack time around here. 

Anybody remember those burlap sacks filled with water that people used to hang off the front of a radiator that Detroit installed in a car that needed a much larger radiator?

PC310033.jpg955288c4f68ec5ddd5611ada09f2153d.jpg

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

Boiling water in a kettle is something I still do from time to time, but having a microwave oven revolutionized snack time around here. 

Anybody remember those burlap sacks filled with water that people used to hang off the front of a radiator that Detroit installed in a car that needed a much larger radiator?

PC310033.jpg955288c4f68ec5ddd5611ada09f2153d.jpg

Cool. I honestly have never seen one or at least do not remember seeing one. Wonder if I can get my hands on one lol.

22 minutes ago, flags said:

Cool. I honestly have never seen one or at least do not remember seeing one. Wonder if I can get my hands on one lol.

Try this link:       https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=automotive+water+bag+canvas&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=automotive+radiator+water+bag+canvas&_sacat=0

It seems like an e-bay item.  We had an early 60's dodge station wagon with a six cylinder that needed one of those bags (when we went on those good old drive around the country family vacations).  Every time we pulled over, the steam would be coming off of that bag like it was going to pop or something.  We took a few unscheduled extended stops with that car.  Then, we got the 64 Impala (the car lots demonstrator car with the Power Pack heads) and ditched the canvas bag, entered the modern world and never looked back. 

I can't remember the last time I had an A&W Baby Burger.  When I started eating two baby burgers (high metabolism) they switched me over to Papa burgers. 

In 1963, A&W introduced four choices of hamburgers and their corresponding Burger Family members: Papa Burger, Mama Burger, Teen Burger, and Baby Burger. Each burger had a wrapper featuring a cartoon image of the corresponding character.          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%26W_Restaurants

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

Try this link:       https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=automotive+water+bag+canvas&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=automotive+radiator+water+bag+canvas&_sacat=0

It seems like an e-bay item.  We had an early 60's dodge station wagon with a six cylinder that needed one of those bags (when we went on those good old drive around the country family vacations).  Every time we pulled over, the steam would be coming off of that bag like it was going to pop or something.  We took a few unscheduled extended stops with that car.  Then, we got the 64 Impala (the car lots demonstrator car with the Power Pack heads) and ditched the canvas bag, entered the modern world and never looked back. 

I can't remember the last time I had an A&W Baby Burger.  When I started eating two baby burgers (high metabolism) they switched me over to Papa burgers. 

Burgers then were so much better!  More fat, more Salt, larger than the bun, bun was toasted on the grill in grease, and one was  a decent meal.  Nothing like them now.

• Like 2

And, we all weighed 300 pounds at age ten and died soon after, right?

In fact, before the good people came along to lecture us, we all died.

Yep.

Eat a hamburger, light a cigarette, drink whole milk and ten minutes later, fall dead on the sidewalk.

• Haha 1