Trump Will Send "Presidential Alert" To Every Cell Phone In America On Thursday

Wayward Son

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:02 PM, tadbart said:

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. He's OUR President today, Thursday, and most likely for the next six years.

You have a nice Thursday, amigo. Lord knows I will.:pepper:

I always liked the idiot that said, "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it!".

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this ****. I swear I'll dump my cell phone soon. Sick and tired of this assumption that we all have to be connected at all times. Soon I'll get texted by my fridge letting me know that my weed eater is out of gas. Man do I wish the 80s back.

Img_0938.png

Edited by crockett

big brother just called all of us at the same time. how sneaky and terrifying..

home of the free?

dam

we already have the national broadcast alert system.. and they test it on the bay area radio once a month.. this was probably just a ploy to compile data on all Americans who own a cell phone.

how much does our freedom really cost? it seems now a days it cost more and more and more.  how sad

ill be at the shooting range waiting for zombies, im gonna leave my phone in the panic room.

• Like 1

Ignored it, then it happened again. The phone demanded I acknowledge receiving it.

Bad enough that whenever there's a line in a show I really like, the weather service does a check so I miss the best part.

Am I the only one that has misgivings about this?

Edited by Paul53

18 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

Ignored it, then it happened again. The phone demanded I acknowledge receiving it.

Bad enough that whenever there's a line in a show I really like, the weather service does a check so I miss the best part.

Am I the only one that has misgivings about this?

....probably because you tossed ice cubes in a bar 30 years ago. 

What if you have just a basic Senior citizen's flip phone with no text capability? My phone is just a phone.  It only needs to do two things: 1. Hello 2, Goodbye

And I only turn it on when I'm expecting a call. I'm somewhat of a Luddite and people had to drag me kicking and screaming into the brave new world of computers. And I only wanted a cell phone for emergencies and because there aren't any pay phones anymore.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, james bay area said:

big brother just called all of us at the same time. how sneaky and terrifying..

home of the free?

dam

we already have the national broadcast alert system.. and they test it on the bay area radio once a month.. this was probably just a ploy to compile data on all Americans who own a cell phone.

how much does our freedom really cost? it seems now a days it cost more and more and more.  how sad

ill be at the shooting range waiting for zombies, im gonna leave my phone in the panic room.

Not me.