Random Posting

Eric

Case in point.  I just got home from buying 2 bucket meals from KFC and giving one of them to the neighbor divorced young woman raising her boy.  She is the one that the Chocolate Lab belongs to that I pet over the fence at times.  She started sniffling, so my wife and I got out of there.

Edited by janice6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

He is a good banjo picker and I enjoy listening to him, but it won't do diddly to change how people are handling a crisis.  

A dear friend of mine, Glen Duncan, is the one that taught him how to play. Steve still calls Glen when he stumbles across something new to play it for him like an excited little kid.

• Thanks 1

U.S. Coronavirus Hospitalizations Lower than Predicted: NY Marks 75% Drop

The number of people hospitalized across the United States as a result of the novel coronavirus illness (COVID-19) is reportedly only a fraction of what some health experts projected a few days ago.

On Monday, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo told reporters that in his state alone, the epicenter of the viral outbreak in the United States, new coronavirus hospitalizations dropped by about 75 percent, from 1,427 four days ago to 358 on Sunday.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/06/u-s-coronavirus-hospitalizations-lower-than-predicted-ny-marks-75-drop/

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

U.S. Coronavirus Hospitalizations Lower than Predicted: NY Marks 75% Drop

The number of people hospitalized across the United States as a result of the novel coronavirus illness (COVID-19) is reportedly only a fraction of what some health experts projected a few days ago.

On Monday, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo told reporters that in his state alone, the epicenter of the viral outbreak in the United States, new coronavirus hospitalizations dropped by about 75 percent, from 1,427 four days ago to 358 on Sunday.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/06/u-s-coronavirus-hospitalizations-lower-than-predicted-ny-marks-75-drop/

Now the real numbers start appearing.

• Confused 1

Just now, janice6 said:

Now the real numbers start appearing.

One of the biggest mistakes we will realize later is taking covid patients onto the hospital ships. 

A ship is a fishbowl crossed with a Petri dish (aka USS Roosevelt)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

One of the biggest mistakes we will realize later is taking covid patients onto the hospital ships. 

A ship is a fishbowl crossed with a Petri dish (aka USS Roosevelt)

The Navy insisted that no virus patients would be taken aboard,  we shall see just how they are going to prevent it.

Yes.  A ship is a bunch of people sharing each others underwear.  It would be devastating.

Leak reveals Ford Mustang Mach 1 reboot coming in 2021

Ford revived the name from 2003 to 2004 to help usher out the fourth-generation Mustang, with a version that featured a 305 hp 4.6-liter V8 with a shaker hood scoop, a tuned suspension and retro Mach 1 logos.

As for the 2021 model, the decoder suggests it will be powered by a version of the Mustang’s current 5.0-liter “Coyote” V8, but the power output is listed as TBD. The most powerful version of that engine today is the 480 hp unit in the GT Bullitt, which appears to be discontinued next year along with the Shelby GT350, while the 760 hp Shelby GT500 remains at the top of the lineup.

3 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Our wonderful Priest, Father Jim, when I asked him if he could bless a firearm.

”I’ve blessed motorcycles, deer rifles, race cars, buses. So sure, bring it”

My interpretation of "blessing a firearm", is asking God to ensure it is used for good, not harm. 

This simply means that the holder of the firearm doesn't do evil with it. 

Saving people, saving a nation, saving yourself, saving your loved ones, is doing good with a firearm.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

Our wonderful Priest, Father Jim, when I asked him if he could bless a firearm.

”I’ve blessed motorcycles, deer rifles, race cars, buses. So sure, bring it”

Back in the day...a priest use to bless things like religious medals or medallians, and rosarys,...Yup, the old catholic church has really changed over the years.  Just look at this pope...

If I ever get back to a catholic church, think I'll ask the priest to "Bless" my pocket knife.  I really like that knife.

• Like 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic