Random Posting

Eric

Department of Public Welfare, Division of Health

10-15-1918

For the purpose of preventing a severe epidemic of Spanish Influenza in the City of Cleveland, the following health regulations are hereby promulgated to continue in force and effect until further notice;-

1. All places of public congregation including churches, theatres, moving picture houses, dance halls, lodge rooms, assembly rooms, public halls, pool rooms, bowling alleys, cabarets, and all other places used for general meetings whether public or private are hereby closed.
  2. Public, parochial, and private schools, including night schools, also public libraries and art museums will close beginning midnight, Tuesday, October 15th, 1918.
  3. If there is an increase in the number of cases of Spanish Influenza in the city of Cleveland it will be necessary to issue additional restrictions covering all places where persons congregate. In order to avoid necessity for further restrictions to prevent the spread of this disease, it will be imperative for those operating stores, factories, and shops to prevent patrons and employees from loitering or congregating in groups.
  4. All public funerals and weddings are prohibited.
  5. Under instructions from the State Department of Health, special caution is hereby given to persons operating restaurants, saloons, and cafes that loitering in these places must be strictly prohibited.
  6. The crowding of all elevators and all public conveyances must be avoided to the greatest possible degree. During the prevalence of epidemic influenza all street cars, factories, offices, dining rooms, and other rooms or places which must be occupied should be given the greatest amount of ventilation possible.
  7. Special permission of the Commissioner of Health must be obtained for all open air meetings. 

Signed Dr. Harry Rockwood

ACTING COMMISSIONER OF HEALTH.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Department of Public Welfare, Division of Health

10-15-1918

For the purpose of preventing a severe epidemic of Spanish Influenza in the City of Cleveland, the following health regulations are hereby promulgated to continue in force and effect until further notice;-

1. All places of public congregation including churches, theatres, moving picture houses, dance halls, lodge rooms, assembly rooms, public halls, pool rooms, bowling alleys, cabarets, and all other places used for general meetings whether public or private are hereby closed.
  2. Public, parochial, and private schools, including night schools, also public libraries and art museums will close beginning midnight, Tuesday, October 15th, 1918.
  3. If there is an increase in the number of cases of Spanish Influenza in the city of Cleveland it will be necessary to issue additional restrictions covering all places where persons congregate. In order to avoid necessity for further restrictions to prevent the spread of this disease, it will be imperative for those operating stores, factories, and shops to prevent patrons and employees from loitering or congregating in groups.
  4. All public funerals and weddings are prohibited.
  5. Under instructions from the State Department of Health, special caution is hereby given to persons operating restaurants, saloons, and cafes that loitering in these places must be strictly prohibited.
  6. The crowding of all elevators and all public conveyances must be avoided to the greatest possible degree. During the prevalence of epidemic influenza all street cars, factories, offices, dining rooms, and other rooms or places which must be occupied should be given the greatest amount of ventilation possible.
  7. Special permission of the Commissioner of Health must be obtained for all open air meetings. 

Signed Dr. Harry Rockwood

ACTING COMMISSIONER OF HEALTH.

From the article"

"...It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States. Mortality was high in people younger than 5 years old, 20-40 years old, and 65 years and older. The high mortality in healthy people, including those in the 20-40 year age group, was a unique feature of this pandemic....",  https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-commemoration/1918-pandemic-history.htm

This was a problem!

Today you are hearing of everybody dying, and even some of them with Corona Virus.  Underlying health problems covers a lot of things.

I want to hear what the daily average death numbers are without the virus to see the difference.

"...Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672...".  

without Corona Virus. for 2017.  This is about 152.5 deaths per day in the USA 

The yearly death rate is about 863.8 deaths per 100,000 in 2017. (seems like a lot)

That's approximately 3,000,000 deaths per year without the Corona virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

"...It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this [Spanish flu] virus.”

So from 1.5 billion to 7.8 billion in just over 100 years. Despite the deaths from two world wars and several purges of unflavored groups of citizens by their own governments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

"...It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this [Spanish flu] virus.”

So from 1.5 billion to 7.8 billion in just over 100 years. Despite the deaths from two world wars and several purges of unflavored groups of citizens by their own governments. 

Yep!  People are the one thing that we never seem to run short of.

By the way, my teacher in grade school said we would all starve to death when the worlds population got to 4 Billion.  An Expert told her that!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

Is that the thing that clicks to tell you it's time for a brake job? Those are the brakes!

That looks like the backing pad...………  Nevertheless, that's a pretty good shot considering it's a moving target.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, janice6 said:

That looks like the backing pad...………  Nevertheless, that's a pretty good shot considering it's a moving target.

With that offset it was in the bag. But if they would have checked the pads when they first started squealing the pic wouldn't exist .tom. :cowboy2:

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2020 at 10:20 PM, gwalchmai said:

Verizon just gave me 15GB of data for my phone plan. For free. Because China Virus.

I have a 2GB/mo plan and usually use less than half that, but 15GB is nice.

Thanks, VZ. :supergrin:

Me too!  I got the 2 GB mo plan and only use about half of it.  On the Wi Fi Alot so it saves it.  For some reason though, It don't show on my Verizon App.  I just see my rollover mins and my regular 2 GB.  Oh well....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, deputy tom said:

With that offset it was in the bag. But if they would have checked the pads when they first started squealing the pic wouldn't exist .tom. :cowboy2:

Most drivers hear brake squealing and are pissed at the obnoxious noise while not having a clue what it means.

Your are right if the people driving cars had any idea of what was going on.  I suspect most don't.

• Like 4

Wife walked in and said, "Can you do me a favor?".  

I said sure and picked up a tennis racquet, and said, "Bend over".

She had a hard time stopping laughing.

Women, you think you understand them and it's your fault your always wrong!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic