Random Posting

Eric

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.0737ad4b38b1940da9095c161d2576a8.png

Our first Yorkie was playing under an end table and suddenly he went nuts and then into convulsions before crawling out.

It took a long time to clean up the urine and feces on the floor under the end table.

It seems that he was playing by chewing the lamp cord.  He eventually bared the conductors and had a long burn down his tongue from the arcing. 

He recovered, but had a new respect for lamp cords.

• Haha 1

In my early 20's I shared a trailer with my girlfriend's cousin. We found and adopted a beagle pup.

One night as I was getting ready for bed and setting my alarm clock I noticed it was off. Found the cord had been chewed all the way through yet the dog survived and no evidence was ever discovered other than the teeth marks on the plastic covering of the cord.

Thinking back, I don't recall whatever happened to that pup. hmmmm

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I put the carafe in the coffeemaker wrong a couple of weeks ago, resulting in this situation in the new house's butler's pantry. I now have to buy Mrs. G a new car.

Must have been pretty bad if she felt the need to "run".

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tous said:

I am a bit confuzzled.

How do you put the carafe in wrong?

It pretty much only fits one way.

Might could be because you are now close to the Tennessee border that weird things happen to you.

:tease:

If you want a similar experience making Egg Coffee, Mix the Egg Yolks with the coffee grounds and put into a Percolator.

No, it didn't work for me either!

Edited by janice6
  • Haha 2

See that little dome on the top of the carafe lid? (Some people call it a pot. I call it a carafe.) It pushes up a little valve at the bottom of the grounds container (Some people call it a grounds keeper, but ACH! I call it a grounds container.) This allows the user to pour a cup before the brewing process is completed. However, when the valve is closed the container will overfill in about 20 seconds, resulting in a Fukupantry disaster such as in the pic.

image.png

4 hours ago, tous said:

I am a bit confuzzled.

How do you put the carafe in wrong?

It should rest in a form-fitting indentation in the base of my coffeemaker. However, with a little help from Prof Murphy it's possible to balance the carafe on the area around the indentation. Of course, the odds of a half-woke ORG managing such a balancing act are about the same as a 45 ft tsunami hitting the coast of Japan.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

See that little dome on the top of the carafe lid? (Some people call it a pot. I call it a carafe.) It pushes up a little valve at the bottom of the grounds container (Some people call it a grounds keeper, but ACH! I call it a grounds container.) This allows the user to pour a cup before the brewing process is completed. However, when the valve is closed the container will overfill in about 20 seconds, resulting in a Fukupantry disaster such as in the pic.

image.png

It should rest in a form-fitting indentation in the base of my coffeemaker. However, with a little help from Prof Murphy it's possible to balance the carafe on the area around the indentation. Of course, the odds of a half-woke ORG managing such a balancing act are about the same as a 45 ft tsunami hitting the coast of Japan.

Just joshing with you, amigo.

I have had that happen when the side of the filter folds over during operation.

When it does, I just shoot the danged thing.

Never had the problem with my trusty Corningware percolator.

:biggrin:

Edited by tous

19 hours ago, janice6 said:

He recovered, but had a new respect for lamp cords.

I worked with an older guy that I only knew by his nickname, "Buzz".  I always assumed it came from the astronaut.

He later told me that when he was a baby,  he crawled behind the couch and started chewing on a lamp cord.

He said he's been "Buzz" ever since.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

A UPS seasonal employee in Florida allegedly hid packages containing electronics while on the job and later stole them, police said. 

The Miami employee, who assisted a full-time driver in unloading packages at several locations, was arrested for stealing packages on two different occasions this week, according to court documents.
1CEAF9BA-9336-49B1-872D-19B43A3591D8.jpeg.9c73caedde094e4572ff0a0475b4e4e6.jpeg

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic