Random Posting

Eric

Just now, Eric said:

When I was thirteen, we got to open one present on Christmas Eve. The present I opened contained a bicycle lock. I didn’t have a bicycle. :biggrin:

What was it about you that someone felt they had to mess with you at that age.

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, janice6 said:

What was it about you that someone felt they had to mess with you at that age.

I was a real pain in the ass back then. Luckily, I grew out of it. :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, DrB said:

Got my first boat.... Put in in for the first time today.  My girlfriend was amazed at my skill at getting in in the water.....

back.jpg

Someone is always ready to bitch at a unique technique.  Kudos on getting in the water!

Never read the instruction manual from the back first.

• Like 2

Long ago with my first boat I had a 15 ft drag and ski boat with a 70 Evenrude for fun and fishing.

My son was still carrying his blanket then.

I put him in the car and we took the boat to a lake to go fishing.  I put him in the boat, pulled the car out and put it into the parking lot.  

On the way back to the boat, I felt the plug in my pocket.  I yelled to the kid to get into the seat, and as I jumped in he asked if all the water was normal.  I hadn't thought  about a bilge pump yet!

I shoved the boat out and started the motor,  I got it oriented so it was pointing down the length of the small 3/4 mile long lake and kicked it to full throttle.

I was very slow gaining speed but it was self bailing only slowly.  I asked the kid if he wanted to drive and of course he was overjoyed to steer the boat.  The torque was so great that he couldn't do much, but he felt he was helping.

I had to lay on my belly to put the plug in from inside the boat. I was watching the far shore approaching rapidly while I watched the water go out of the boat.  I figured it was a crap shoot as to which came first, empty boat, or shore.  We got up to almost 40 mph.

It all worked out well.  When we got home my son ran to his mother and said "I drove the boat, a long ways!".  Of course my wife panicked since she has lived with me a while by then.

Then the little turd told her about almost sinking the boat and made it sound like it was the big deal I thought it was.

She never really trusted me with the kids for some reason.

But, Boy and Dad had a great adventure and it beat the hell out of fishing!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic