Random Posting

Eric

2 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I just saw a commercial where the girl was going to put her boyfriend's picture on her pre-paid credit card.

Brilliant!

I fume watching the commercials for a "pre-paid" credit card.  They are not CREDIT cards, they are DEBIT cards.  It's your money you give to someone to use for themselves until you spend your money.  When it's gone, IT'S GONE!  You get no money on CREDIT!

People in the ad say that it's so convenient!  What's more convenient than cash!  Why let a stranger handle your money and simply give it back to you!!!!

They claim "It's easy to check your balance and keep records.  Why can't you keep a record of your own spending.  If you can't manage you own cash money, you won't be able to manage your debit card money.

What it does do, is it gives you a choice of color of the card, so you can pretend to your acquaintances that you have good credit, instead of managing your own money and actually having good credit.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I fume watching the commercials for a "pre-paid" credit card. 

I think owning your, constantly verified live, phone number is worth more to them than any interest.  You know,  to be only shared with "qualified related business partners".

("I SAVE MONEY!  DO YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY?!?!!  JUST TEXT "SAVE" TO 676767!!!!")

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I fume watching the commercials for a "pre-paid" credit card.  They are not CREDIT cards, they are DEBIT cards.  It's your money you give to someone to use for themselves until you spend your money.  When it's gone, IT'S GONE!  You get no money on CREDIT!

People in the ad say that it's so convenient!  What's more convenient than cash!  Why let a stranger handle your money and simply give it back to you!!!!

They claim "It's easy to check your balance and keep records.  Why can't you keep a record of your own spending.  If you can't manage you own cash money, you won't be able to manage your debit card money.

What it does do, is it gives you a choice of color of the card, so you can pretend to your acquaintances that you have good credit, instead of managing your own money and actually having good credit.

What it does do is charge you a fee to put your money on the card.  Guess it is good for a gift if you don't want a gift card which ties you to a specific store.  Loose it and bye bye cash.

• Like 2

What it does do is charge you a fee to put your money on the card.  Guess it is good for a gift if you don't want a gift card which ties you to a specific store.  Loose it and bye bye cash.

Actually I have never had a problem giving high quality engravings picturing famous Americans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

My son has long prided himself on being able to guess what is in each Christmas or birthday present. Until one time...

We gave him a bank box of rolled pennies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was thirteen, we got to open one present on Christmas Eve. The present I opened contained a bicycle lock. I didn’t have a bicycle. :biggrin:

• Like 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic