Random Posting

Eric

1 minute ago, Swampfox762 said:

If I don't bleed at least once a day, there's seriously something wrong.  I got up one night, stubbed my toe as I came into the bathroom.  I never turn the light on cause the streetlight shines in plenty to see ok.  Didn't hurt too bad, so I just did my business, washed my hands and went back to bed.  GOOD GOD Almighty!!!!  Bout 2 hrs later, the wife goes into the bathroom, and turns on the light.  The floor was covered in blood!!!  Wakes me up all scared and stuff...ya should have seen the sheet....

I swear, the "nick" barely broke the skin.  Diabetic and blood thinners I guess.  If It wasn't Septic Pencils, I'd have bled out years ago!!!!:Wow:

I have to admit a perverse enjoyment out of frightening people with the blood and "nicks". 

One time I took the fleshy tip of a finger off .  I taped it on really tight and went the 20 miles to our clinic.  The doctor looked at it and asked what I wanted them to do.  I said I wanted it "re-attached", she said there was nothing wrong, so I said, pull on it, she did and the tip came off. 

She then showed me her sewing skills.  She went right through the nail to get part of it.

After it was healed pretty well I started picking at the hangnail.  Turns out I was picking at the stitch, so I pulled it out.  People have little faith in the human body's ability to heal itself.  I rely on it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Every time I went into the "shop" to use the mill or the lathe, I prayed to God I didn't screw it up.  Those machinists could get "dicey" if you broke their toys.

This was junior high. We had all the latest stuff back then. Only a teacher to answer to.

Remember big copper tips with the wooden handles you used for soldering? My little metal box still exists 50 years later.....somewhere. I lost it a long time ago. I still have the stool I made in woodworking. Mahogany.....funny stuff, now that I look back on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bish1309 said:

This was junior high. We had all the latest stuff back then. Only a teacher to answer to.

Remember big copper tips with the wooden handles you used for soldering? My little metal box still exists 50 years later.....somewhere. I lost it a long time ago. I still have the stool I made in woodworking. Mahogany.....funny stuff, now that I look back on it.

When I was fixing a radiator, I needed on of those.  (I started my ham radio life in the early 50's  with one, it was a step up from the big Copper that I had to heat on the gas stove)

I searched used tools and found a 500 watt one, an American Beauty!  It is one of my favorite weapons, err, tools.

Edited by janice6
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I have to admit a perverse enjoyment out of frightening people with the blood and "nicks". 

One time I took the fleshy tip of a finger off .  I taped it on really tight and went the 20 miles to our clinic.  The doctor looked at it and asked what I wanted them to do.  I said I wanted it "re-attached", she said there was nothing wrong, so I said, pull on it, she did and the tip came off. 

She then showed me her sewing skills.  She went right through the nail to get part of it.

After it was healed pretty well I started picking at the hangnail.  Turns out I was picking at the stitch, so I pulled it out.  People have little faith in the human body's ability to heal itself.  I rely on it!

When I was twelve, I once cut my right elbow open all the way across. When I bent my arm all the way, the elbow joint was visible. I went up to my mom and said, "Look at this!" I thought it was cool as hell. She couldn't figure out whether to crap herself, vomit or pass out. She chose instead to yell at me. Luckily my dad took me in for the stitches, or I would have heard about it all the way to the emergency room. Males and females have very different opinions on what is cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Bish1309 said:

Dayam.

Well just Dayam!

I've been staring at this picture for a while now....Did I mention, DAYAM?????????????????????????????????

Those are Definitely pretty Cool!!!

I've had this guys website for a year or so, and I SWEAR, one day I'm gonna have him do some of HIS Stipple work on my 30s.  He's about the best I've ever seen in Stippling, in my Opinion.

http://www.finelinetactical.com

• Like 2

Just now, Eric said:

I once cut my right elbow open all the across. When I bent my army all the way, the elbow joint was visible. I went up to my mom and said, "Look st this!" I thought it was cool as hell. She couldn't figure out whether to crap herself, vomit or pass out. She chose instead to yell at me. Luckily my dad took me in for the stitches, or I would have heard about it all the way to the emergency room. Males and females have very different opinions on what is cool.

That's my kind of fun!  Kudos!

8 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

image.jpeg.def40901f359cbee1d2cea4a91eb1cce.jpeg

I went to KFC and asked for "drumsticks".  The clerk tried to ask me what drumsticks are, then she actually admonished me in a heavy "Mexican" accent, and said they were legs.  I said that in Minnesota, they were Drumsticks! I got my order.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

They are in my country.  They should adapt to my customs and vernacular.  I'm not adapting to Mexico!

I have consulted several references and cannot find a literal Spanish word or phrase for the English 'drumstick' when referring to the leg and thigh of a chicken or turkey.

The closest is muslo de pollo. (thigh of chicken.)

As for the thin sticks that one whacks a drum with:  baqueta, or palollila de tambor  (little stick for drum)

I will have to ask my neighbor for a more colloquial reference.

Or, mebbe just take a nap.

:biggrin:

Edited by tous
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, tous said:

I have consulted several references and cannot find a literal Spanish word or phrase for the English 'drumstick' when referring to the leg and thigh of a chicken or turkey.

The closest is muslo de pollo. (thigh of chicken.)

As for the thin sticks that one whack a drum with:  baqueta, or palollila de tambor  (little stick for drum)

I will have to ask my neighbor for a more colloquial reference.

Or, mebbe just take a nap.

:biggrin:

In time like this when I hit an impasse and a quandary, I follow the age old approach,  F'it.

• Haha 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic