Random Posting

Eric

52 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Lead pellets have very little effect on Deere steel. You may want to touch up the paint, or let it be a conversation piece.

I heard they're good eating. Love to watch road runners take 1 on. Seems like an odd pairing though.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Eric said:

4424B098-98E2-4AB8-8F22-3054B036FDF9.jpeg

72CB9B05-E733-4AD5-B5E1-4B5446C54E37.jpeg

C22CB1A8-CECB-443A-87BB-F75D4FE5BB54.jpeg

CC9942A2-257D-4F68-980E-2605198A7F35.jpeg

I was intrigued by this and this is the best description I could find:

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/1960-buy-mail-order-1300hp-rocket-engine/

"...Middlebrooks increased the size and composition of his little rocket motor to create the larger and more powerful “Drag Axle.” The assembled model DS-28-A Drag Axle would set you back $4,695, almost twice the price of a new Mustang. At 1,300 hp, the “rocket drag axle” could also set you back into and through your seat. This latest creation from the ever-escalating delusions of a speed-crazed inventor was bolted to the back of a Halibrand or larger Frankland Champ quick-change rear end housing. Sometimes speed lust overtakes reason. Rather than creating thrust power like a typical jet engine, the power was transferred instead through the quick-change gears to reduce the turbine’s 60,000 rpm directly to the axles...."

If this doesn't "thrill you", there is a more descriptive dissertation on the operation in the article!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, janice6 said:

I was intrigued by this and this is the best description I could find:

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/1960-buy-mail-order-1300hp-rocket-engine/

"...Middlebrooks increased the size and composition of his little rocket motor to create the larger and more powerful “Drag Axle.” The assembled model DS-28-A Drag Axle would set you back $4,695, almost twice the price of a new Mustang. At 1,300 hp, the “rocket drag axle” could also set you back into and through your seat. This latest creation from the ever-escalating delusions of a speed-crazed inventor was bolted to the back of a Halibrand or larger Frankland Champ quick-change rear end housing. Sometimes speed lust overtakes reason. Rather than creating thrust power like a typical jet engine, the power was transferred instead through the quick-change gears to reduce the turbine’s 60,000 rpm directly to the axles...."

If this doesn't "thrill you", there is a more descriptive dissertation on the operation in the article!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbonique

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic