Random Posting

Eric

9 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

well, with all the stuff he did to the car, no wonder he was the first one at the scene of the accident.

That reminds me of the Ron White story of the airplane engine quitting...

"How far do you think it will take us?"

"All the way to the scene of the crash!"

• Like 3

Meh... That'll buff right out.
It's Hell when the wheels and tires cost more than the vehicle they're on.

Heard of someone who did quite well in the repo business. Drag one of those in, stop by the shop, swap back to stock wheels and tires (which is what the seller wants anyway), deliver the vehicle to the note toter, sell fancy wheels and tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Heard of someone who did quite well in the repo business. Drag one of those in, stop by the shop, swap back to stock wheels and tires (which is what the seller wants anyway), deliver the vehicle to the note toter, sell fancy wheels and tires.

Sounds like that could be a legal minefield though.  If the wheels aren't considered part of the car and therefore turned over to the title holder, the car's "owner" (person it was repo'd from) could come after the repo man for the cost.  Maybe.

Stock wheels can actually be really expensive - especially new.  I always get them from a salvage yard.  I keep one spare wheel for my car and need to get one for the wife's Pilot if it doesn't have a full-size spare (which I need to check on).

Edited by SC Tiger

Sounds like that could be a legal minefield though.  If the wheels aren't considered part of the car and therefore turned over to the title holder, the car's "owner" (person it was repo'd from) could come after the repo man for the cost.  Maybe.
Stock wheels can actually be really expensive - especially new.  I always get them from a salvage yard.  I keep one spare wheel for my car and need to get one for the wife's Pilot if it doesn't have a full-size spare (which I need to check on).

There are places in Nashville (at least) which advertise that they rent the fancy wheels and tires. Another level of complexity.

1 minute ago, railfancwb said:

There are places in Nashville (at least) which advertise that they rent the fancy wheels and tires. Another level of complexity.

Those places are here too - RNR or something like that.

On one hand - they might would pay to get their wheels back.  But you'd then have to put the stock stuff on it.

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic