Random Posting

Eric

For decades, mathematicians have pondered, as mathematicians are wont to do, a pressing question: Can the number 33 be expressed as the sum of three cubes? And now, at long last, to the fanfare of mathematical trumpets and the serenading of mathematical angels, Andrew Booker, a mathematician at the University of Bristol, has provided an answer. Yes it can, in the form of three 16-digits integers: (8,866,128,975,287,528)³ + (–8,778,405,442,862,239)³ + (–2,736,111,468,807,040)³ = 33. I’ll never forget where I was when I heard the news.

• Haha 1

Rob Gronkowski, the court jester of the NFL, announced his retirement from football Sunday after a nine-year career. Despite being a tight end, Gronk was one of the best receivers of all time while playing for the New England Patriots. He gained 9.9 yards per every time he was targeted by a quarterback, more than any other player since 1992

• Like 2

Kevin McAleenan, the commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said that for the first time in more than a decade, his agency is “reluctantly” performing direct releases of migrants, meaning they are not turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement, they are not detained, they are not given ankle bracelets to track their movements and they are allowed to leave with just a notice to appear in court at a later date. Border Patrol stations are crammed full and there is nowhere for them to go. 

He said that this is a “negative outcome” but that it is “the only current option we have” because of overcrowding at detention facilities as Central Americans stream to the border knowing they will be able to gain entry with asylum claims.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Silentpoet said:

60,000 reasons not to vote for Trump.

If the hildabeast was in office that would be millions of ARs! Not happy Trump caved on that issue but he is still a much better option than the alternative!

Edited by Sigobsessed
  • Like 4

What, so we'll wind up with a democrat in the White House in 2021, and the next video will show the rifles themselves rather than just bump stocks being fed into the grinder?  I don't like the ban, but at the same time also don't think bump stocks are a good hill to die upon.

-Pat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You know, I don't really care about the bump stocks, since I never had one and figured I had no use for one. But as I was thinking about that position it occurred to me that it's a Fudd position. Then I thought maybe the "freedom loving" position is to campaign against NFA rather than an "NFA loophole".

Then I asked myself what would happen if some guy killed a bunch of people with some relatively innocuous and non-scary thing, like say a rental truck full of fertilizer and fuel-oil. Would we ban fertilizer? Would we ban fuel-oil? Would we ban rental trucks?

Somehow the logic only applies to guns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic