Random Posting

Eric

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:54 PM, Silentpoet said:

55458296_2263434603909498_6751233833879732224_n.png

When I was in Boulder, CO on business years ago, I was told that certain time of the year the winds would come down the mountains at horrendous speeds that it would  leave piles of Yellow Pollen on the insides of the window jambs where it had been forced through the cracks.

Just now, Dric902 said:

FB20AF29-E1F9-420D-8F4C-222F7A080343.jpeg.86251946770713181a94f39f0d253d8a.jpeg

1306A161-2FEE-42C9-9296-7DF220889E2E.jpeg.aed2da51cfdc18fc0a75659d1b37eca8.jpeg

Many a night I used to help my kids and then my grandkids on their math homework.  They would tell me how they were supposed to do the problems and then I would tell them how to get the answers.  I often got the comment of, "This is so easy, why don't they teach us this way!".  My response is, NEVER tell them how I taught you to solve the problem, NEVER!

I used an analog watch to teach them Trigonometry and periodic functions and approximations, after they learned how use one to tell time in approximate terms.  Life is much easier when you use the right visual examples.

Nothing irritated me more than the time they had to do approximations for arithmetic before they could even do the arithmetic.  After you could do the arduous approach, approximations made sense.  Doing approximations before learning the skill burned my ass.  It' like telling the approximate time on a digital numerical watch.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Many a night I used to help my kids and then my grandkids on their math homework.  They would tell me how they were supposed to do the problems and then I would tell them how to get the answers.  I often got the comment of, "This is so easy, why don't they teach us this way!".  My response is, NEVER tell them how I taught you to solve the problem, NEVER!

I used an analog watch to teach them Trigonometry and periodic functions and approximations, after they learned how use one to tell time in approximate terms.  Life is much easier when you use the right visual examples.

Nothing irritated me more than the time they had to do approximations for arithmetic before they could even do the arithmetic.  After you could do the arduous approach, approximations made sense.  Doing approximations before learning the skill burned my ass.  It' like telling the approximate time on a digital numerical watch.  

There is a slide rule app.

dont tell tous, it raises his blood pressure

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

"This will be a funny story someday"

image.png.e6a1ff4e3e7c861b28b9ac548f94d2f1.png

But, not today!  Everybody knows that children and mud are sympathetic.  It is the fault of adults for not remembering how the DNA works.

It's also pretty wet so I believe there is time for recovery.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic