Random Posting

Eric

Image may contain: 1 person, text
Saw this on facebook.  most of the answers were pretty far off, some I have no idea how they came up with the answer.  I can understand how people might get 17 or 70 if they aren't paying attention.  It's the people who answered things like 15, 16, 60, 120,240...
I didn't see anyone with the same answer as me for the first 3 sets of comments that loaded, so I thought maybe it was me doing it wrong, but no, people are idiots.
  • Like 1

Upstairs of the building I live in is all woodshop space, and storage.  My father is slowly moving stuff up there.

He brought in a bag of insulation that's been in the tractor shed for a few months.  When I went to bed last night the cat got interested in it, kept making noise, so I tossed him outside.

Now it's almost 3am, and the bag is outside because it was making noise without the cat, and then a decent sized mouse was standing on the edge of a board staring at me after I tossed the insulation bag outside.  needless to say being awake at 3am only works for me if I haven't tried to sleep yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:
Image may contain: 1 person, text
Saw this on facebook.  most of the answers were pretty far off, some I have no idea how they came up with the answer.  I can understand how people might get 17 or 70 if they aren't paying attention.  It's the people who answered things like 15, 16, 60, 120,240...
I didn't see anyone with the same answer as me for the first 3 sets of comments that loaded, so I thought maybe it was me doing it wrong, but no, people are idiots.

Pistons are 10

tires are 5

shocks are 2

One shock is 1

5 + 1 x 10 = 60

its the multiplication symbol and the single shock that people don’t see  by misdirection 

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Pistons are 10

tires are 5

shocks are 2

One shock is 1

5 + 1 x 10 = 60

its the multiplication symbol and the single shock that people don’t see  by misdirection 

Order of operations - multiplication and division before addition and subtraction.  5 + 1 x 10 is done as 1 x 10, then add the 5.  The answer is 15.

-Pat

Edited by Cubdriver
  • Like 4

And according to a recent study at NYU Langone Health, chronic pot smokers (defined as more than 20 days per month) had almost a one out of three chance of developing Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome (CHS), an awful condition associated with varying degrees of pain and uncontrolled nausea and vomiting, which can for last several hours. This translates to over 3 million sufferers in the U.S., when you consider the current numbers of chronic pot smokers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Nature never fails to amaze

I encountered that once in my lifetime.  I just happened to be driving on the highway along the West shore of Lake Mille Lacs in Minnesota. Lake is slightly more than 200 square miles and 20 to 38 feet deep.  When the wind comes up at Ice out, it is amazing.  I was driving by at just the right/wrong time late one afternoon when the Ice was going out.  It was coming across the highway in large chunks just like that.  Pretty spooky.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic