Random Posting

Eric

1 hour ago, minderasr said:

Untitled-14-1.gif

When I was younger I used to speed a lot. (worst ticket was over 100mph over the speed limit...)

After 4 years in the military overseas I kind of calmed down.

When I got home I barely drove the speed limit.  I still rarely drive more than 1 or 2 mph over the speed limit.

My thoughts are the minute or two of time that I save by driving faster doesn't justify the additional risk to myself or others.

I mean seriously, how much time and money did the above accident cost everyone involved?  Just to try to get someplace 10 seconds faster?

• Like 5

It's amazing how often I slowly catch up with and pass the speeder who blew past me when he gets stuck in "his" left lane at the next traffic light, and my slower center or right lane is wide open and I stresslessly cruise on past, within 5 mph over the speed limit.

Around here, there are so many drivers choosing the left lane that the other lanes nearly always end up being faster in the long run.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

When I was younger I used to speed a lot. (worst ticket was over 100mph over the speed limit...)

When I got home I barely drove the speed limit.  I still rarely drive more than 1 or 2 mph over the speed limit.

My thoughts are the minute or two of time that I save by driving faster doesn't justify the additional risk to myself or others.

I mean seriously, how much time and money did the above accident cost everyone involved?  Just to try to get someplace 10 seconds faster?

Your right. I've gotten my share of those rediculous speeding tickets also. When I was younger, for a few years, my insurance cost me more per month than my truck payment. I tend to speed. But there is a lot of difference in speeding and being an impatient retard. Speed didn't cause that accident, impatient stupidity did.

• Like 3

Someone Asked Teachers “What Was Hilarious At The Time That You Absolutely 100% Could Not Laugh At?”

And Their Responses Did Not Disappoint.

I used to teach English to Korean kids. They had to do some writing and one wrote about their pet cat. The family called it *****. The whole piece was about how much his dad likes *****.

+++

Teacher hears a girl's phone vibrating in her purse and says "I hope that is a phone." Teacher walks another two steps and realizes what she just said. Class erupts in laughter.

+++

I asked my kindergartners if anyone knew what a period was (while teaching sentence punctuation) and one boy enthusiastically says “yeah, my mom has them in the bathroom!!”

+++

I’m a history teacher. We were looking in the textbook at a section on the founding fathers. Several of them had their own subheadings and a little paragraph about them. Like this:

George Washington (1732-1799)

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Benjamin Franklin (1707-1790)

I then have a student raise their hand and ask, completely serious, “If you call these numbers, do they still work?”

She thought their birth and death dates were their phone numbers. I teach high school, the class lost their s**t, and it took everything in me to keep a straight face.

+++

Student - Alaska is a state? Are you sure? It doesn’t even touch the states…

Me - Yes, I’m sure.

Student - I need to look this up to be sure.

Me - You really don’t, but go ahead.

Student 2 - wait, states don’t have to touch? Does that mean Hawaii is a state.

Student 3 - What about New Mexico?

I teach high school.

+++

Field trip instructor. I was leading a discussion on food chains with some 4th graders and asked what we call animals that only eat plants.

The answer I got was virgins.

Edit: I heard a lot of funny things in that job. The other funniest one was when I was going over cardinal directions with 2nd graders. I had them all chanting "never eat soggy waffles" or "sour worms" or whatever they liked to say, and just as they all quiet down one of them says "never eat Santa's wife".

That was the only time in 7 years working with kids that I completely lost it in front of a classroom, children teachers and parents. It took me about 30 seconds to regain composure, and even then I kept cracking up through the rest of the lesson. The kids thought it was funny because it was silly, the parents knew why I really thought it was so funny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

Someone Asked Teachers “What Was Hilarious At The Time That You Absolutely 100% Could Not Laugh At?”

And Their Responses Did Not Disappoint.

I used to teach English to Korean kids. They had to do some writing and one wrote about their pet cat. The family called it *****. The whole piece was about how much his dad likes *****.

+++

Teacher hears a girl's phone vibrating in her purse and says "I hope that is a phone." Teacher walks another two steps and realizes what she just said. Class erupts in laughter.

+++

I asked my kindergartners if anyone knew what a period was (while teaching sentence punctuation) and one boy enthusiastically says “yeah, my mom has them in the bathroom!!”

+++

I’m a history teacher. We were looking in the textbook at a section on the founding fathers. Several of them had their own subheadings and a little paragraph about them. Like this:

George Washington (1732-1799)

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Benjamin Franklin (1707-1790)

I then have a student raise their hand and ask, completely serious, “If you call these numbers, do they still work?”

She thought their birth and death dates were their phone numbers. I teach high school, the class lost their s**t, and it took everything in me to keep a straight face.

+++

Student - Alaska is a state? Are you sure? It doesn’t even touch the states…

Me - Yes, I’m sure.

Student - I need to look this up to be sure.

Me - You really don’t, but go ahead.

Student 2 - wait, states don’t have to touch? Does that mean Hawaii is a state.

Student 3 - What about New Mexico?

I teach high school.

+++

Field trip instructor. I was leading a discussion on food chains with some 4th graders and asked what we call animals that only eat plants.

The answer I got was virgins.

Edit: I heard a lot of funny things in that job. The other funniest one was when I was going over cardinal directions with 2nd graders. I had them all chanting "never eat soggy waffles" or "sour worms" or whatever they liked to say, and just as they all quiet down one of them says "never eat Santa's wife".

That was the only time in 7 years working with kids that I completely lost it in front of a classroom, children teachers and parents. It took me about 30 seconds to regain composure, and even then I kept cracking up through the rest of the lesson. The kids thought it was funny because it was silly, the parents knew why I really thought it was so funny.

Oh the memories. Teaching was fun. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Your right. I've gotten my share of those rediculous speeding tickets also. When I was younger, for a few years, my insurance cost me more per month than my truck payment. I tend to speed. But there is a lot of difference in speeding and being an impatient retard. Speed didn't cause that accident, impatient stupidity did.

It's not the speeding,

Reckless driving, cutting in and out, following too close at speed, hogging the left lane are some major causes of accidents.

Also, too many "drivers" THINK they are MARIO  or  Schumacher ,,,,etc   

They don't have a clue as to what the "machine" can do  (or not)

• Like 3

20 hours ago, pipedreams said:

e25e9d31527971d9.jpeg

Bought my sister lunch one day.  During lunch she casually tried to pick off my plate.  I took my fork and threatened to stab her hand if she touched my food.  I said no one touches what I eat, while I'm eating it. I said if you want what I'm eating you should have ordered it.  I paid for lunch so I took offense at her behaviour.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

My epiphany was during a drift across freeway traffic at 100 mph to make my exit ramp.  The thought that went through my mind was, "A person could get killed this way!".

I switched from muscle cars to 4x4's.  Too heavy for stupid driving and much fun off road.  I can't drive fast cars without going fast.  I didn't go to meetings to "straighten out".

• Like 1