Random Posting

Eric

• Administrators

I remember the first time I ever saw one of these cars. I was in Basic Training and that body style had just come out that year. My Platoon was at the PX nearest our company area. The PX was about half a mile up the road from the old jump tower on FT Benning. There was a barber shop in the side of the PX and we were all waiting for haircuts. That Lancer was light blue. 

My favorite drill sergeant, SSGT Ramirez was with us. He had confiscated yo-yo out of someone’s care package a few days earlier and he was playing with it. We had this new company XO, 2nd LT Saylor. The guy was a bit of a spaz.  He was standing on the porch outside the door to the barber shop facing the other way, blocking the way. So Drill Sargent Ramirez did a couple of around-The-worlds with the yo-yo and then swung it into the XO’s elbow. He smacked the **** out of him and that guy jumped about two feet in the air. It must have hurt like hell. He swung around and Ramirez just stood there with a small smile on his face, playing with the yo-yo The XO didn’t say a word. He just cleared off the porch.:biggrin:

0D05E1F4-BE25-45B8-BDAA-9A1B53DE2FB8.jpeg.ec9f8ecb7da870ce70606cdf93419e91.jpeg

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Seems to be gotten away from him a little bit there. Maybe a front tire would have helped

Oh, the front wheel & tire are still there. They have just taken up residence in the firewall. That was a hell of a hit. 

• Like 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic