Random Posting

Eric

7 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

Decades ago, we took a very cool picture of my head using a mil-spec infrared camera.  It made me look like an Andy Warhol Jesus.

It probably wasn't brain for my good.

That's my actual handprint. Years ago I drove an old faded black VW Bug and was painting a house and dipped my hand in white paint and did a hand print just like that one on the  right side of the engine cover on the back of the bug.

Yours sound like a cool picture. I hope you er able to save it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

A moose needs 9,770 calories per day to maintain its body weight. (That's what I was told) So don’t invite a moose for dinner.

bq-5c03208da33bd.jpeg.25a94a08e24df940bfbe8a505a333cf5.jpeg

Rumor I heard was that the moose was designed by a committee. The nose faction obviously had leverage.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Yours sound like a cool picture. I hope you er able to save it.

We only had line-printers then,  and taking floppy disks in and out was a huge no-no.

This camera had a large color display and they used the picture as kind of a 'screensaver',  until some bigshot noticed it and didn't want it to be seen during a surprise dog-and-pony show.

I remember going through the museum in Ft Sill, Oklahoma.

Back in the early days the Army had wash women.  Women who were single that had the job of washing the soldier's clothing.  

The problem is, those women would show up out in the middle of nowhere forts and a lonely soldier would quickly marry one.  So it was difficult to keep enough of them around to get the job done.

The commander of the fort sent a letter to headquarters or someone he knew there asking to be sent "the most homely looking group of women that could be found" or something to such effect.  

There was a picture of that group of women.  Whatever the actual wording was, they fit it perfectly.  Not a single one would be more than a 2 or a 3 on the hotness scale, if that high.

Every one of them still managed to get married off within a couple months of showing up.  

• Haha 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic