Random Posting

Eric

On 11/26/2018 at 3:51 PM, Huaco Kid said:

>200-lb Bobby Orr scoring The Goal:

tg.jpg.48de6cd1d348da89720df242ffdd125f.jpg

I was there for that game.

1970 Stanley Cup Finals,

That's Glenn Hall in goal and Noel Picard is the Blues player in the shot.

Edited by tous
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, tous said:

I was there for that game.

1970 Stanley Cup Finals,

That's Glenn Hall in goal and Noel Picard is the Blues player in the shot.

I've got an 2' x 3' autographed photo in my office.

I guess I used to know the other guy's name.  (I always see a pissed-off Charles Bronson when I look at it.)  It was a huge blatant trip, well after the fact, but no one cared because it was water under the bridge by then.

(Many reports call it  "a celebratory leap".)

• Like 1

My friend brought an armload of old hockey sticks from our high school days, for my daughter when she started playing.

(He played defense and is the only reason I'm still alive today.)

I instantly noticed that all the sticks were taped up Bobby-Orr-style (which was very distinctive).  It made me laugh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

My friend brought an armload of old hockey sticks from our high school days, for my daughter when she started playing.

(He played defense and is the only reason I'm still alive today.)

I instantly noticed that all the sticks were taped up Bobby-Orr-style (which was very distinctive).  It made me laugh.

If you played hockey in the 1960sand played defense, Bobby Orr was a god.

Noel Picard was a great guy and a hoot.  I met him a few times when he gave some clinics..  He had a very heavy French accent and could barely speak English, but he was a fine gentleman and player.

I used have a whole crate of old hockey sticks in the garage.
Then I came home one day and found that Mom had cut them up and used them to stake all the plants in her garden.

I have to laugh even if it isn’t funny. After I went in the service, my Mom threw out my collections of old comics, baseball cards and airplane cards from the 1950s, and my fossil collection (one had several small fish the size of raindrops). My little Brothers got my old coins and collected memorabilia from my family’s WWII military service. My Mom didn’t think any of it was worth anything and my Brothers were just kids.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, C_Hallbert said:

I have to laugh even if it isn’t funny. After I went in the service, my Mom threw out my collections of old comics, baseball cards and airplane cards from the 1950s, and my fossil collection (one had several small fish the size of raindrops). My little Brothers got my old coins and collected memorabilia from my family’s WWII military service. My Mom didn’t think any of it was worth anything and my Brothers were just kids.....

Same here.  I was a ham operator for many years before I went into the Navy.  When I left every stick of electronics I had and accumulated, was hauled to the dump by paid laborers by my father.

I got home on leave, to nothing whatsoever of mine left.

• Like 1

Same here.  I was a ham operator for many years before I went into the Navy.  When I left every stick of electronics I had and accumulated, was hauled to the dump by paid laborers by my father.
I got home on leave, to nothing whatsoever of mine left.

LOL. My best friend moved 100 miles to Tulsa and left about (8) Dozen Duck Decoys in a shed behind his Dad’s house. We got together to go duck hunting and found them missing..... His Dad sold them in a garage sale.... Terrible! LMAO!!!

• Sad 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic