Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

On 3/22/2024 at 6:49 PM, Eric said:

That one has a 360 coupled to a 4-speed. I'f I were to do a resto-mod on a car like that, I would have chosen an engine other than a 360, but it is a decent engine and it can make some power.

I can't think of a better engine for that car. A 426 Hemi or 440 six-pack would be front end heavy and would require an entire front end sub frame and fender well mods, and it would be sacrilege to put a small block Ford or Chevy in it,

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

I can't think of a better engine for that car. A 426 Hemi or 440 six-pack would be front end heavy and would require an entire front end sub frame and fender well mods, and it would be sacrilege to put a small block Ford or Chevy in it,

If I was going to resto-mod the car anyway, I think I'd go with a modern all-aluminum Hemi engine and six-speed manual trans. I'd get rid of those narrow drag-car front wheels and put something wider up front. I'd set up the suspension and gearing as a road rally car. It would be a fun project. Something that could go fast in a straight line, but still had decent handling in the twisties.

I've had a couple of rides with the 360 and it is a good engine.

2 hours ago, Eric said:

If I was going to resto-mod the car anyway, I think I'd go with a modern all-aluminum Hemi engine and six-speed manual trans. I'd get rid of those narrow drag-car front wheels and put something wider up front. I'd set up the suspension and gearing as a road rally car. It would be a fun project. Something that could go fast in a straight line, but still had decent handling in the twisties.

I've had a couple of rides with the 360 and it is a good engine.

I like your plan It's a good one.  If I had the money to do that, I'd have a fiberglass tilt front end made for it!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Eric said:

Class+17+–+2nd+-+1948+Cadillac+62+Series+Convertible-e82ee9fd-1920w.webp

Dig the candy apple Red even though it's not a factory color. And the tan colored top goes PERFECT with it. I'm assuming that's a 51-54 and not a 49. I'd love to have that car with a rebuilt 331 and 4 speed hydro. I had a 1950 Coupe deVille and that engine ran great and got decent gas mileage. I don't like whitewalls, though.

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, tous said:

How can that not be French?

:biggrin:

If it were French, it would probably be stranded on the side of the road. Being English, it would still be at the side of the road, but with an electrical fire.

• Haha 3

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Borg warner said:

Dig the candy apple Red even though it's not a factory color. And the tan colored top goes PERFECT with it. I'm assuming that's a 51-54 and not a 49. I'd love to have that car with a rebuilt 331 and 4 speed hydro. I had a 1950 Coupe deVille and that engine ran great and got decent gas mileage. I don't like whitewalls, though.

I love the postwar Cadillacs, right through the '59 models. The late '40s and early '50s models are probably my favorite though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eric said:

I love the postwar Cadillacs, right through the '59 models. The late '40s and early '50s models are probably my favorite though.

I like the 60 better than the 59 but I don't like the 61 -63 but I like the 64-67 and I like 69-70 Eldorado.

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

I like the 60 better than the 59 but I don't like the 61 -63 but I like the 64-67 and I like 69-70 Eldorado.

The '67 Eldorado is by far my favorite '60s Caddy. '67 was a good year for just about ever US car make.

• Like 2

• Administrators

This is one tarted up Ford flathead V-8. It is sporting Dixon OHV conversion heads and a Frenzel dual-carb supercharger. Tall as it is, it would probably still fit under the hood of most of the old Fords it might have ended up in.

1711318558_fb_img_1711318157257_mmthumb.jpg

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Eric said:

This is one tarted up Ford flathead V-8. It is sporting Dixon OHV conversion heads and a Frenzel dual-carb supercharger. Tall as it is, it would probably still fit under the hood of most of the old Fords it might have ended up in.

Wow! It even has the right number of exhaust ports!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Unlike the Ardun heads, the Dixon heads only convert the exhaust valves to overhead. they are also very expansive but are supposedly a bolt-on conversion that doesn't require a lot of modification or tinkering to get them to work.  But they don't actually result in that much of a horsepower gain since the ford/mercury Flatheads are limited in how much cubic inches you can get out of them. The dyno figures at the link are for a non-super charged engine. 

Flatheads respond well to supercharging which helps to overcome much or the breathing restrictions.

https://www.hopupmagazine.com/blog/2018/6/20/dixon-sohv-cylinder-heads

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric said:

If it were French, it would probably be stranded on the side of the road. Being English, it would still be at the side of the road, but with an electrical fire.

Silly positive ground. 

• Like 2