Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

• Administrators
1 minute ago, railfancwb said:

Valiant? Slant six? Almost bought one. Not sure I actually bought any vehicle that season. 

I love the early sixties Mopars, ugly as most of them were. They had character.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eric said:

TV-Tommy-Ivo-Wagon-Master-16-1600x900.webp

Recall that Mickey Thompson challenged the speed record on the salt lake with a four Pontiac engine vehicle. Suspect there is a lot of challenge to get four engine/transmission setups to all work together. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Recall that Mickey Thompson challenged the speed record on the salt lake with a four Pontiac engine vehicle. Suspect there is a lot of challenge to get four engine/transmission setups to all work together. 

Mickey Thompson and Andy Granatelli were both a couple of nuts. They both truly loved what they did and made huge contributions to motorsports. Remember Granatelli's turbine-powered Corvette?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Eric said:

Mickey Thompson and Andy Granatelli were both a couple of nuts. They both truly loved what they did and made huge contributions to motorsports. Remember Granatelli's turbine-powered Corvette?

Yes, I do. I remember reading a long article on it while waiting in a doctors office.

Unknown-1.jpeg.01da9f6f3dff7a43563aba4abc483977.jpeg the-1979-granatelli-jet-corvette-remains-most-impressive-feat-of-engineering_7.thumb.jpg.9477063d1991cd631933fcb4ef13778f.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, jmohme said:

Yes, I do. I remember reading a long article on it while waiting in a doctors office.

Unknown-1.jpeg.01da9f6f3dff7a43563aba4abc483977.jpeg the-1979-granatelli-jet-corvette-remains-most-impressive-feat-of-engineering_7.thumb.jpg.9477063d1991cd631933fcb4ef13778f.jpg

It produced 880hp back then, which was a hell of a lot of power for that time.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Those rear tires make me wonder about the slant six engine…

That one has a 360 coupled to a 4-speed. I'f I were to do a resto-mod on a car like that, I would have chosen an engine other than a 360, but it is a decent engine and it can make some power.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 6:17 PM, Eric said:

Blue, blue and blue.

434192404_10231897819484495_1539122745842723306_n.jpg

I have oft wondered why Packard and others of the time used so many variations of their hood ornament?

I always sort of like the long-necked bird version over the lady holding out -- a tire?

Are those stock head lamps?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, tous said:

I have oft wondered why Packard and others of the time used so many variations of their hood ornament?

Yep, the headlights are stock. As for the hood ornaments, some manufacturers stuck with the same ornament design, while others let their designs evolve. Keep in mid too that there were a lot of custom hood ornament manufacturers back then, as well as producers of a variety of mass-produced aftermarket ornaments. It wasn't hard to fit different hood ornaments, in most cases.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, tous said:

The headlights look odd from that angle because the lenses are two angled flat planes that come together along the center vertically. If the car was viewed from a point further in front of the car, you could see that the headlights are round.

• Like 1