Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:37 PM, Eric said:

1532089024_0fd44ecc-a8e9-4bd4-8971-bc614c34f7bd_mmthumb.jpeg.5f8d56a7835cd56240ecf9885b2c8636.jpeg

Back in the day when my BIL and I were in the car business, I had 2 1966 Mustangs (one a convertible), 2 1967's (one brand new), 1 1968.  I liked the car and had fun with them.  In the span of 3 or 4 years.

I could buy one wrecked from the Insurance Salvage lot for $175, and have it back on the road including new paint for $300.  I just liked driving them.  People at work kept offering me so much money for them that I couldn't keep them very long.  

One day my Automobile insurance company called and tried to untangle which Mustang I presently had.  They finally canceled my policy with no penalty, any wrote a new one to get it straightened out.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

Is it just me or do most of those automobiles from 1930s seem to have most pleasing proportions, but some just look off somehow?

At first glance, some of the automobiles just look right, some just look wrong.

Nothing obvious, they just don't look pleasing to my eye.

I am nor a fan of over-styled anything and some of the automobiles just look wrong to me.

I confess, I am not an artist and have not a single artist cell in my aged body, but I know what I like.

Edited by tous
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, tous said:

Is it just me or do most of those automobiles from 1930s seem to have most pleasing proportions, but some just look off somehow?

I am not a fan of over-styled anything and some of the automobiles just look wrong to me.

I confess, I am not an artist and have not a single artist cell in my aged body, but I know what I like.

Dang it!

I quoted instead of edited.

I owe Eric and Rabbi a free post.

:sigh:

Edited by tous

2 hours ago, tous said:

I am nor a fan of over-styled anything and some of the automobiles just look wrong to me.

I generally don't like the boxy look of the thirties cars with fenders and running boards but some of them look OK to me like the 36 ford where the radiator was slanted backward and like that one car that Eric posted that had 852 on the grille. (what was that???)

I like the late forties fat fender cars better than the 20's and 30's cars probably because those were the cars that I saw driving around in my formative years having been born in 1947. But of the thirties cars, I actually like the more unusual stylized cars.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

I generally don't like the boxy look of the thirties cars with fenders and running boards but some of them look OK to me like the 36 ford where the radiator was slanted backward and like that one car that Eric posted that had 852 on the grille. (what was that???)

I like the late forties fat fender cars better than the 20's and 30's cars probably because those were the cars that I saw driving around in my formative years having been born in 1947. But of the thirties cars, I actually like the more unusual stylized cars.

It's an Auburn Speedster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auburn_Speedster

-Pat

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

18Gone.JPGI watched this car burn down on the track at Seattle International Raceway

The "Color Me Gone" cars were built and run by Dick Branstner Enterprises and Roger Lindamood and the also helped develop the wheel-standing "Little Red Wagon". I saw a couple of different "Color Me Gone" Mopars run at lions drag strip in Southern Cali between 1964-1966.

The car you posted is more beautiful for the beautiful cars and trucks thread but the one that I was run was beautiful in motion an made beautiful sounds

car Color-Me-Gone.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1