8 Officers & Marshals Shot in Charlotte, 3 Marshals Dead

Eric

• Administrators

Damn.

"A total of eight law enforcement officers were shot. Three U.S. Marshals were killed and another U.S. Marshal was injured. Four Charlotte police officers were injured, including one who sustained critical injuries.

The shooting began when the U.S. Marshals Task Force attempted to serve a warrant for firearm possession by a convicted felon, police said. The U.S. Marshals Task Force was then "engaged by active gunfire from a subject," according to authorities."

More on the Story At Fox News.

• Sad 7

Prayers for the families and loved ones. 

Though the below comment was interesting.

"RetiredSquid624
1 hour ago

They knew they were going into a hostile and highly explosive situation involving serving a warrant regarding firearms yet it appears they were still not ready for what they faced?

There is something VERY wrong with this entire story."

• Like 3

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, tous said:

What of the convicted felon?

Dead and in Hell, wounded and in hospital, arrested and released without bail?

Dead, although there may have been more than one shooter. I believe a couple other 'persons of interest' were taken into custody, but I haven't heard anything more about that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We used to arrest some really bad dudes and rolled really heavy, not uncommon for the SUV's to have some full auto options in the drawer. Of course if it isn't in your hand at the time it's useless.

• Like 6

• Administrators

A fourth officer has died tonight of his injuries. So 3 US Marshals and 1 CMPD officer have died and four others are injured. 

• Sad 3

• Administrators

I just read that two of the slain men identified earlier as US Marshals were probation officers with the North Carolina Dept of Adult Corrections, serving full time on a US Marshal fugitive task force. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I did a few warrant services with the US Marshals and one of our guys was assigned to the Task Force.  They were all stand up guys that took no chit and we're always willing to help with a request of they could.  I can't say that about ATF or FBI.

RIP and God bless your families left behind.

They have two females in custody.  One of them fired from inside the house.  The felon died outside in the yard 

• Like 5

Marshals were stand up guys, humble, knew the law, worked hard, no attitude that I picked up on.

Yeah, alphabets, mixed bag, some were really good, others were total dirtbags. 

Secret Service I dealt with were all top notch.

Some of the older FBI were really good, learned a lot from them.

ATF investigators that showed up at bombings were all top notch, focused and hard working, they knew their stuff and worked long days.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Dukenukem said:

Those feds would kick your door in and shoot you tomorrow over having the wrong yard sign.  F them.

Easy big fella. There's a large number of agents and officers with their heart in the right place that are trying to keep the streets safe and even believe in the 2nd amendment.

• Like 3

Not trying to 2nd guess anyone, only know what being reported but how did the killer manage to out gun that many officers.  Were they simply outgunned, rifle against pistols?  Normal vests wouldn't be much protection against a rifle.   Never would of happened if the courts were doing their job.

• Like 3