Potentially GREAT News

Borg warner

Recently, mostly among those who lean Left, people have been talking about or otherwise hoping that Nikki Haley might be Trump's VP pick. And just the most remotest possibility of that ever happening has alternately either been totally disgusting me or scaring me shitless.

Then today I found this article which gave me great Hope. I've been following Kristi Noem for years now and she is a solid Conservative and an intelligent, articulate public speaker who responds to attacks gracefully but doesn't take any  crap from anyone. Just what Trump needs as a running mate. And she's also a relatively young attractive woman, and as much as I oppose identity politics, realistically, that's a decided advantage.

Trump name drops Tim Scott, Kristi Noem while discussing VP contenders

Shauneen Miranda Axios Feb 4 2004

Former President Trump name-dropped Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) Sunday as people he's noticed in the Republican Party when asked about his criteria for picking a vice presidential candidate.

Why it matters: The GOP presidential frontrunner has left room for speculation as to who he will pick as his running mate should he secure the 2024 Republican nomination.

What he's saying: Trump said he wouldn't announce his pick for vice president for "a while," during a pre-recorded interview on Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures" with host Maria Bartiromo.

"I mean, we have so many great people in the Republican Party, but not for a while," he said.
Trump said his criteria for a running mate includes one question: "It's got to be who would [be] able to be a good president. I mean, you always have to think that because you know, a civil emergency … things happen right? No matter who you are, things happen. It's got to be number one."

The former president, who said he speaks "to everybody," proceeded to mention Scott and Noem — two prominent Republicans who have both endorsed him.

"I called Tim Scott this week — because a lot of people like Tim Scott — I called him, and I said: 'You are a much better candidate for me than you are for yourself.'" "I watched him over the last two weeks. As you know, he endorsed me, fully endorsed me, gave me a beautiful endorsement, and he has been really strong in terms of that, but ... I don't want anybody to take even any inference, but it's incredible," he added.

Scott, already believed to be on a short list of contenders to become Trump's pick for vice president, has not ruled out the potential in recent weeks.

Meanwhile, Trump also name-dropped the South Dakota governor, saying "Kristi Noem has been incredible fighting for me. She said 'I'd never run against him because I can't beat him.' That was a very nice thing to say."

Noem told "Sunday Morning Futures" on Sunday that she and Trump "talk all the time," but that the two have "never had that conversation" about her potentially being his running mate.

noem.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Kristi is a no go for me.

Tim Scott, not sure, like what I see so far.

I'd rather it was Tucker, or Rowe, or somebody like that. They won't back down, they see right through all the BS that is DC and they won't undermine Trump like benedict pence. (I turn and spit)

• Thanks 2

Trump stated in a recent Newsmax interview that he is guided by the thought of whomever he picks for VP must be able to properly lead the country as POTUS should something happen to him.  He dropped a few names previously mentioned in this thread, but has not made a decision yet.

He also stated the rumor of his camp reaching out to the RFK jr camp was fake news.  Honestly I breathed a heavy sigh of relief on this one.

• Like 4

Tim Scott seems to be the best to bring in the needed votes.  He has been our Senator and so far I really haven't seen anything to dislike.  He actually owed or ran an insurance office before politics so he did know a little about business.   

I know where he grew up and he graduated from the same High school as I.  It was a working mans type of upbringing just like the true stories say.  He didn't agree 100% with Trump and that might be good.  Maybe he would continue to not be a puppet man as most VP's are.      

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Fog said:

Kristi is a no go for me.

Tim Scott, not sure, like what I see so far.

I'd rather it was Tucker, or Rowe, or somebody like that. They won't back down, they see right through all the BS that is DC and they won't undermine Trump like benedict pence. (I turn and spit)

"Kristi is a no go for me." I'd be curious to know why. I've never heard anything bad about her. another name I've heard being tossed around for VP pick is  Elise Stefanik but she was once a follower of Paul Ryan (I turn and spit)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Borg warner said:

"Kristi is a no go for me." I'd be curious to know why. I've never heard anything bad about her. another name I've heard being tossed around for VP pick is  Elise Stefanik but she was once a follower of Paul Ryan (I turn and spit)

Kinda a feeling and some things I heard from friends who live there. She seems to be doing a good job as Gov and should stay there for now.

I don't think she would help Trump win, or with what he needs to get done once sworn in, we need somebody tougher and more battle hardened. That does not mean politically, battle hardened by life works too.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, minderasr said:

Whomever he picks, I hope it's not someone solely because of their race or gender.  Let it be the best person for the job regardless.

Pfft, that ship sailed already.  I dunno who he will pick but I guess a woman VP.  I also don't think it will be Nikki either.

He is leading in all the polls so the election interferes better get on top of that.  "We need more mail in ballots!"

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, El Spicoli said:

Pfft, that ship sailed already.  I dunno who he will pick but I guess a woman VP.  I also don't think it will be Nikki either.

He is leading in all the polls so the election interferes better get on top of that.  "We need more mail in ballots!"

As long as it's not Vivek.  That guy is a snake-oil salesman.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2024 at 2:39 PM, El Spicoli said:

Classic arms has an interview with him at ShotShow.  He was on point and had no clue cards.  Check it out on the  web.

Pretty sure he was a democrat before deciding to run for office.  He's a wolf in sheep's clothing, saying all the right things to convince you otherwise.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, minderasr said:

Pretty sure he was a democrat before deciding to run for office.  He's a wolf in sheep's clothing, saying all the right things to convince you otherwise.

So was Ronald Reagan. And if you’ll remember, he screwed us on amnesty for illegals AND the 1986 firearms control shagging.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, NPTim said:

So was Ronald Reagan. And if you’ll remember, he screwed us on amnesty for illegals AND the 1986 firearms control shagging.

Schumer had a major role in this.  In exchange for amnesty, they promised increased border security which never came to fruition.  And you can thank the NRA for the "firearms control shagging".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1