Morning visitors.

jmohme

I saw some movement among the tall grass and cedar trees across the road this morning.

NB0_1018sdl.jpg.492714964c219dbefa07e96932012af0.jpg

The young ladies in our lower lot took notice too.

NB0_1013sdl.jpg.0eb2a7d415591402a77283f2ecc63c11.jpg

Come to daddy girls.

NB0_1022sdl.jpg.8b82e7812b7e2d45180a62294fb69fbc.jpg

There were actually 7 doe in the lower acres this morning, but the two above stopped to srike a pose for me.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 Latter Day Saints came by does that count?  I was chopping up some venison with a cleaver and answered the door and told them to come in.  They looked at the cleaver I was holding and politely declined and left?  I wanted to share the real gospel with them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, El Spicoli said:

2 Latter Day Saints came by does that count?

"Yeah,  I make it from scratch.  My best batch, yet.  Yeah, 100% natural.  I think it can be called kosher, or something like that.  A platter with toothpicks.  Want some?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, jmohme said:

I saw some movement among the tall grass and cedar trees across the road this morning.

NB0_1018sdl.jpg.492714964c219dbefa07e96932012af0.jpg

The young ladies in our lower lot took notice too.

NB0_1013sdl.jpg.0eb2a7d415591402a77283f2ecc63c11.jpg

Come to daddy girls.

NB0_1022sdl.jpg.8b82e7812b7e2d45180a62294fb69fbc.jpg

There were actually 7 doe in the lower acres this morning, but the two above stopped to srike a pose for me.

IMG_2152.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Hook said:

I had a moose in the yard sometime last night. No pictures. 

We have Moose locally here in Spokane county, Eastern Washington. My nephew sees them in his yard on  regular basis but no one ever sees them during hunting Season..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Borg warner said:

We have Moose locally here in Spokane county, Eastern Washington. My nephew sees them in his yard on  regular basis but no one ever sees them during hunting Season..

THEY know !!

• Like 1

When I was a kid, we lived at the edge of a large wooded area and about a mile into there was a large several hundred acre swampy area. 

Months before duck season the hunters came and built blinds. Really nice blinds. All the ducks swiming around seemed unbothered by the activity. The would stay out of the way, but not fly away.

Come opening day, there were usually no ducks to be found. 

Yes they know.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2024 at 10:44 PM, El Spicoli said:

2 Latter Day Saints came by does that count?  I was chopping up some venison with a cleaver and answered the door and told them to come in.  They looked at the cleaver I was holding and politely declined and left?  I wanted to share the real gospel with them.

I was cleaning an AK while waiting for a friend to come over about 30 years ago. At about the correct time, a couple Jehovah Witness' knocked. I opened the door, dropped the bolt and said "come on in" before looking out and seeing two white shirts running down the street.

I really figured I'd get a visit from the local PD, but nothing.

No pics, but the guy across the street laughed about the episode for years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

Add raccoons and opossums and occasional foxes and coyotes (four legged) and bobcats in rural areas. 

All of the above at my little place in the woods. Even an occasional big cat.

The deer in my opening post are pretty commong, but don't see many good looking bucks willing to pose for me like that one very often.. It helps that I got him with a 600mm lens from a distance that didn't scare him off.