Carbon Footprints

Eric

• Administrators
Just now, tous said:

Does anyone miss the 19-inch CRTs that weighed as much as a small automobile and could heat your whole house?

:fred:

Nah, I never miss them. They are large and I'm a pretty good shot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Eric, find out who manufactured the monitor, discover who the CEO is and show up at his house every morning and tell him, Hey, dumb ass!  Your carbon foot print is too big!  You're destroying the damned planet!  I'm telling Greta on you!

:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, tous said:

Eric, find out who manufactured the monitor, discover who the CEO is and show up at his house every morning and tell him, Hey, dumb ass!  Your carbon foot print is too big!  You're destroying the damned planet!  I'm telling Greta on you!

:biggrin:

It's an NEC. I would be surprised if most, if not all newer monitors aren't doing something similar.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, tous said:

Does anyone miss the 19-inch CRTs that weighed as much as a small automobile and could heat your whole house?

:fred:

I miss some larger ones than that that were a great place to set leftover pizza.  It would still be warm several days later when you finally got around to finishing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

A recent iphone update has a "Clean Energy Charging" toggle. It knows were you are, and if google decides that that area doesn't have enough clean energy capability, it'll only partially charge your phone.

Because, like, you love the world and wouldn't want dirty electricity in your phone.

(The default is "on". You can shut it off (?).

10 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

A recent iphone update has a "Clean Energy Charging" toggle. It knows were you are, and if google decides that that area doesn't have enough clean energy capability, it'll only partially charge your phone.

Because, like, you love the world and wouldn't want dirty electricity in your phone.

What does Google have to do with iPhones?  :confused:

10 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I wonder if that’s why my stupid phone doesn’t always charge at night…

12 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

That makes me laugh.

You know you using clean energy when the lights go out on a very cloudy, but windless day.

• Like 2