Removing Wine Labels (from bottles)

DAKA

I use the labels from wine bottles to make decorative trays.

After trying Heat, Cold, Soaking and a lot of different chemicals I finally discovered the EASY way

Spray the label with WD 40, wait about 5 minutes, start an edge with a razor blade, the label comes right off...sometimes it needs a "nudge" with the blade !!

And, not to waste the corks, those get hot glued together and become place mats.

On both projects they get a double or triple layer of clear decor epoxy  (The stuff that is used for bar  tops )

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DAKA said:

I use the labels from wine bottles to make decorative trays.

After trying Heat, Cold, Soaking and a lot of different chemicals I finally discovered the EASY way

Spray the label with WD 40, wait about 5 minutes, start an edge with a razor blade, the label comes right off...sometimes it needs a "nudge" with the blade !!

How do you get them to stick to the trays after being dowsed with WD40 ? tom.

• Like 1

I thought that was illegal?

WD40 is great stuff.

It will take spray paint off up to a few hours after it was applied. I used to give this helpful tip to people whose car had been tagged by the gangs. Made the cars look better than new.

It also is a great way to maintain fishing gear. The swivels and blades work better and catch more fish if they are treated with a little WD40 to keep the action smooth.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Italian restaurant wife and I enjoyed for awhile stuck candles in the mouths of wine bottles to create romantic table lights. 

:anim_rofl2: That was in the 50's and 60's     :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fnfalman said:

We just save the nice bottles. Supposedly the old lady is going to turn these bottles into decorative vases or something.  

IMG_9884.jpeg

IMG_9879.jpeg

IMG_0688.jpeg

Some nice labels on the Reds...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fog said:

I thought that was illegal?

WD40 is great stuff.

It will take spray paint off up to a few hours after it was applied. I used to give this helpful tip to people whose car had been tagged by the gangs. Made the cars look better than new.

It also is a great way to maintain fishing gear. The swivels and blades work better and catch more fish if they are treated with a little WD40 to keep the action smooth.

I also used WD-40 to clean up my car after being forced through traffic cones to drive over freshly painted yellow pavement markings.  Splatter up both sides of the car.

It cleaned it up nicely.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DAKA said:

Thanks for the idea....I'm gonna make a few of those  (I have about 5000 corks...A couple of bars used to save them for me)

Glad you clarified that. I was beginning to think you had a drinking problem ,O.o

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

I saw some cut off at the label top and used for drinking mugs.

I used to do that, when I was single I had about 2 dozen of those...The new MrsDaka likes neat and orderly    wooosssch  ... gone   

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, janice6 said:

I also used WD-40 to clean up my car after being forced through traffic cones to drive over freshly painted yellow pavement markings.  Splatter up both sides of the car.

It cleaned it up nicely.

I use WD-40 exclusively to clean my guns.  

• Like 1